What's new

Degrassi Junior High: Season One (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
When I originally watched it, I believe I first noticed Caitlin in the last episode they had in junior high. From then on, she was a favorite.

I've never seen TNG. Is it a pretty safe bet for anyone who likes the original series?

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
I would say so. TNG is basicly the same show updated to these times with new people.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't, but I'll try a blind buy.

I was very sad to finish off the first season last night. I really loved this show back in the '80s, and that hasn't changed. One particular sequence that I won't mention really hit close to home. I mean, it was almost like watching my own middle school days on screen. No, it wasn't Spike's storyline. :D

Anyway, I wanted this the day it came out, but I waited. I won't wait for the next one. June can't come soon enough! But, at least now I can get back to other box sets I've left languishly while watching Degrassi.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
I don't think Joey (Pat Mastroianni) is actually bald. Just shaved (Joey also played a helicopter pilot in Godzilla 2000). Also the father (don't remember his real or characters name) of Spikes daughters (Emma Nelson) who was in Degrassi Jr. High and Degrassi High along with Derek "Wheels" Wheeler (Neil Hope) both appeared in one episode of TNG each.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Shane. For some reason, I had it in my mind that Simon was the father of Spike's baby, but he hadn't even appeared yet by the time that happened.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Yep, it was Shane McKay (Bill Parrott).

He had an accident during Jr. High after a concert while on acid (LSD) leaving him with a permenant brain injury. Emma found out about him living in a care facility in a nearby city and visited him

Also Spikes best friend and a couple other girls from Degrassi appear in the 1 hour Derassi: TNG Spike/Snake wedding episode.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
and isn't there a high school reunion episode featuring pretty much all the original degrassi cast?

and yes, i know why snake was bald, but even when he's shown with his full head of hair, it's pretty thin, with a pretty high hairline. and i assumed joey shaved his for the same reason many balding men do, just to beat it to the punch.

StacyV

Second Unit
Anyone with advance word on the Degrassi Junior High Complete Series packaging due out next month? The season sets take up more space than necessary with one disc per Amaray case. I was wondering if the complete series release would be in more attractive, space saving packaging.

TiffLE

Auditioning
I didn't even know about the older seasons until I got the new Degrassi book, Degrassi Generations: The Official 411, I always thought that Degrassi was a new and hip thing.... boy was i wrong!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Wahhhhh, I just finished season three last night, with no future seasons yet announced.

It always seems silly to worry about these things nearly 20 years later, but I wished while watching that season three had followed the model of seasons one and two by focusing on only one semester instead of the whole year. I don't know too much about Toronto, but it seemed awfully cold to be right before the final exams in the last couple of episodes. Wind, leaves, coats. Brrrrr. It also would have allowed them to put off the problem of breaking up the grades nine and ten students for one more season. Ah, well. Didn't happen.

One minor thing from the last episode:

I was glad to see Joey in some nice-looking clothes for the graduation dance. It subtly showed that he really did care for Caitlin and was maybe growing up a little. Contrast it with the cheap tuxedo t-shirt from the first dance, for instance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks