What's new

Defrauded on ebay .. AR owners please help (1 Viewer)

Hello everyone,
I recently purchased (in August) what I thought to be an AR4C hi-res center channel speaker from someone on ebay. All of the pictures I could find seems to match the enclosure structure and the tweeter looked similar but not the same! I really noticed the difference after I finally got the courage to take the grills off of one of the AR11s (I didn't want to rip the fabric). So after more and more research, I believe that I've been shipped one of the HO line, the CS25HO center. It goes ok with the AR11s that I received from another ebay purchase, but it has me wondering what it would be like to have the real thing :frowning:.

If people could please e-mail me photos of the housing and drivers of their ar4c and cs25ho speakers, I would be extremely greatful.

Also, if anyone has advice with dealing with problems like this on ebay and how it could be best resolved, I would appreciate that as well. Thanks!

my e-mail is matthewsweeney at netscape dot net

Thanks to those of you who responded to my plea :). The seller has agreed to take the item back for a refund. Lessoned learned :).

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
It may have been an honest mistake. Sometimes these guys are doing “clearing house” operations and have little knowledge of what they’re selling, or wouldn't know if say, the wrong item was in the box, or something like that.

Happened to me once, a set of headphones. The seller’s picture showed the blister pack which showed the ‘phone’s model number, but when I got them it was the wrong headphones in the box. Luckily I already had a set of the correct phones, and when I sent him pictures of both mine and the ones he’d sent, he was nice enough to refund my money.

Pays to stick with sellers who have stellar feedback ratings - usually they’ll do what they can to rectify the problem in these situations.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Matt,
I take it you are the one that asked questions about my sale on ebay.....happy bidding and I will get you those close up shots tonight. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks