What's new

Definitive Speaker help (1 Viewer)

Keir H

Second Unit
Oh, BTW, one more...have you guys had better listening experiences having your speakers toed in or no toe in??

Michael De Costa

Stunt Coordinator
Keith,
I was actually thinking about purchasing the 2006TL's for sides. How much sound actually comes out of them as side surrounds? If the sound is limited like rear surrounds (something like 15% of the audio) I would be better off with a set of BP2X's. Any advice from Definitive owners on mid setups. I am using a Denon 3802 to power the system. I have an old Pioneer receiver, can I use hook it to the Denon if I need more power? the only problem is that while the Pioneer has about 100 WPC, it does not have DTS. Any advice?
------------------
At my signal, unleash Hell.......
Toshiba 57H81-(coming soon)
Denon 3802
Panasonic RP-91
Toshiba 808 6-Head SVHS
Definitive 2002TL's Mains
Definitive CLR2002 Center
Definitive BPX2 Surrounds

Keith Carlascio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith
Hi Guys,
Keir: I have the 2006's with the woofers pointing into the room. I still have to try them pointing towards walls. They are placed on either side of the couch lined up with the listener.
Mike: I set my sides to large in 5800 setup. I did noticed a fuller sound on surround effects. I have only watched pieces of Titan AE. I think playing a DVDA or SACD will really sound nice with full range sides/surrounds.
I will be calibrating over the weekend so I will have a better handle of the sound next week.
I will let you know
Keith
------------------

Robert Fellows

Stunt Coordinator
I have BPX's as my rears...I think they are quite a bit better than the BP2X's.
------------------
Bob
p.s.: This advice is worth exactly what you paid for it...

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
Michael Botvinik, amplifier choice is very important with these DT's. What receiver are you using? What receiver is your friend using? The 2000TL's should sound better than the 2002TL's...maybe the room/setup also could be a reason for the noted sonic difference. They don't require a lot of power to play loud...but they have low impedance curves so ideally you want a high end receiver at the least in order to get them to image "properly" and sound "neutral" and natural with music (though it may be possible for them to sound excellent with less expensive units).
Keir, the bipolars probably only need 1-3 feet of space for the rear drivers to fire (of course you must add the depth of the speaker to this measurement). It wouldn't hurt to put them on stands if the tweeters are below ear level. It may be possible to put towers in the rear...but otherwise I would recommend bpx/bpvx.
Robert, I agree that bpx/bpvx are significant improvement over bp2x.
[Edited last by Bob_A on September 21, 2001 at 07:45 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks