What's new

Definitive DVD Info Site (1 Viewer)

EddieN

Agent
Can someone recommend some good sites with definitive info. I guess by definitive I mean every little detail about the dvd. For example, say I wanted to buy WarGames on DVD but wanted to find out what aspect ratio it was ? Also what kinda sound formats are on the dvd ? is it anamorphic, are there extras ? is there a special edition coming soon I should wait for ? how was the video transfer ?
I like the info that dvd profiler gives, but that is a bulky Visual Basic program that is slow and to find out info about a disc I have to add it to my collection and then delete again after I find all the info I want, there's gotta be a website out there somewhere !
Thanks,
------------------
- Eddie

Gavin_L

Second Unit
is this what looking for, amazon.com/dvd has info on techincal info and so fourth, I don't know any other sites right now, but this is worth a try
heres a example
WarGames (1983)
Technical Information
Release Information:
Studio: Mgm/Ua Studios
Theatrical Release Date: June 3, 1983
DVD Release Date: January 25, 2001
Run Time: 114 minutes
Production Company: MGM Home Video
Package Type: Keep Case
Aspect Ratio(s):
Widescreen letterbox - 1.85:1
Discographic Information:
DVD Encoding: Region 1
Layers: Single
Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), French (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono)
Available subtitles: English, Spanish, French
Edition Details:
• Region 1 encoding (US and Canada only)
• Color, Widescreen, Closed-captioned, Dolby
• Commentary by director John Badham and writers Lawrence Lasker and Walter F. Parkes
• Theatrical trailer(s)
• 8-page booklet with trivia and production notes
• Widescreen letterbox format
• ASIN: 0792838467
Widescreen Review:
Picture Quality: 3 (5 is the highest rating)
The non-anamorphic DVD exhibits good contrast and color fidelity. Colors are generally natural with and deep blacks, but sometimes are
inconsistent. The picture is a little soft throughout. The mediocre picture is matted at 1.82:1.
Sound Quality: 3 (5 is the highest rating)
The Dolby® Digital 5.1 discrete soundtrack is often a 3.0 delivery. Fidelity sounds thin, but when the split surrounds and .1 low frequency
effects are engaged, the discrete version comes alive with aggressive surround envelopment. Overall, this is a conventional mix, but
disappointing through much of the film when surrounds are nil and there is dialogue leakage in the stereo channels.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I don't think there is a definitive site out there. There's just too much information. However, other than checking the reliable e-commerce sites (Amazon, DVDEmpire, etc.) who have a monetary interest in having correct data, you can use this search engine to find reviews about a particular DVD:
http://www.dvd-basen.dk/uk/home.php3

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks