What's new

Defending Your Life (1 Viewer)

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
Just saw this Albert Brooks film for like the 6th time last night and just wanted to hear other members' opinions on it. I really like this movie for numberous reasons. It's an original concept and it's executed nearly flawlessly with great performances and both hilarious side-splitting moments and bits of subtle comedy. A lot of comedies these days try to hit you over the head with the fact that they are funny, or trying to be funny. This film just seems to be doing it effortlessly and with great results.

The weird thing is I don't own this movie despite it being one of those films I could watch over and over. If anyone has this dvd could you tell me how the quality is as I am considering adding this gem of a film to my collection. Also, mods please don't move this to software as I really want the focus of this thread to be on the qualities of the film and what people think about it. Ok, I'm getting sleepy and I have class in the morning so I'm outta here. I'll check back on this when I'm at school or something.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
You'll find some posts on Defending Your Life in this thread, which is about Albert Brooks generally:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...=albert+brooks
The existing DVD isn't reference quality, but the movie wasn't reference material. The image is easily the best the film has ever looked on home video, and the 2-channel surround track is serviceable. No fan of the film should be without it.
M.

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
Don't have the DVD, but I should, my wife loves this movie. She finds Albert Brooks funny and he plays the part to a T. The other movie she really likes that he is in is the one where he and his wife sell everything and buy a motorhome to tour the country, and she blows the 'nestegg' in Vegas. Can't remember the name of that one right now, I'm sure it will come to me right after I post this...

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Count me in as one who doesn't have this disc yet but certainly will at some point! What a clever, fun movie this is.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
The other movie she really likes that he is in is the one where he and his wife sell everything and buy a motorhome to tour the country, and she blows the 'nestegg' in Vegas. Can't remember the name of that one right now, I'm sure it will come to me right after I post this...
Lost In America

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
Guess I might as well scoop up the current disc now then since there doesn't seem to be any chance of a reissue. At least the disc is of a decent quality. Not every movie needs to be demo material and this film fits that description perfectly for me. As long as the transfer is decent I guess I'll go check it out. Also, thanks for pointing me towards that thread, I'm gonna go check it out now and see what everyone thinks of this movie. Maybe I can find out about some other Albert Brooks films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks