What's new

Defective Total Recall? (1 Viewer)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I've only begun buying DVD's recently and my copy of TOtal Recall gets all glitchy at the start of ch.14 every time. It happens nowhere else on the disc and there appear to be no visable scratches. Is it a defective disc?

Anders Englund

Second Unit
I don't know where the layer change is on that disc, but that sounds like the most likely problem. Mine plays fine, so try exchanging it for a new copy.
What player are you using?
--Anders
------------------
http://www.dvd1138.com/
Ob me Deus cavet
Link Removed

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
It's a Panasonic DVD-RV31. I have no other problems with the disc or with any others and it won't skip on my DVD-ROM drive. I'm pretty sure it's the disc because, like I said, the player doesn't do it any other time.

Michael Dueppen

Stunt Coordinator
I just checked my copy and the layer change is not at the beginning of chapter 14. This does sound like a defective disc, though. You might wanna exchange it for a new copy.
------------------
- Michael
My DVD collection

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I happens between the time when Meleena closes the door to her room, slaps Quaid, and he says, "I guess he didn't." The glitch effects are different every time, but only in that time period. I will exchange it today.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
So I'm reading this thread an I'm wondering to myself, "I wonder if this disc will be totally recalled"?
Grin, Duck, & Run

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
All right, now this is ridiculous. Just for hahas, I take the DVD to another DVD here on campus (a JVC XV-501). Guess what? Like my DVD-ROM, no skip. WHAT GIVES? Is my player incompatible with those 7 seconds of the movie?

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
Is my player incompatible with those 7 seconds of the movie?
No, its error correction just might choke on a little scratch/nick/something, where others have no problems with it.
My Sony would not read the first Snow White disc at all, no real visible defects. I exchanged it and it works like a charm.
-Christian

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Well, I exchanged it... in the words of Arnold...
"No problemo..."
Thanks to those who helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks