1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Defective "Scarlet Street" DVD?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Tim Tucker, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Tim Tucker

Tim Tucker Screenwriter

I recently purchased Kino's DVD of Fritz Lang's Scarlet Street. When it reached the 10th chapter, the DVD started locking up and/or skipping, and the image broke down. (This happened on all three of my players.) So I got a replacement copy from the store I bought it from, and this DVD does the exact same thing. Has anyone else reported this problem? Any idea what is causing it?

Thanks,

Tim Tucker

2. Thomas T

Thomas T Cinematographer

My Kino disc of Scarlet Street plays through just fine on my Pioneer DV 343..

3. JohnPM

JohnPM Second Unit

4. Pete York

Pete York Supporting Actor

Yes, SCARLET STREET also started skipping on me at about the scene of Chris hearing the voices at the end. I have since run it on a different player where it ran through fine.

5. Mark Philp

Mark Philp Second Unit

Mark
    Kino may have gotten a bad bunch of DVDs from the manufacturer. Contact them, they are one of the best companies when it comes to replacing defective DVDs.

6. Tim Tucker

Tim Tucker Screenwriter

Contacting Kino was the first thing I did after I tried to watch the replacement disc. If I hear anything, I'll pass it along.

Anyone have an idea why the DVD would behave this way? Just curious about the failure mode (it's the engineer in me [​IMG] ).

7. WillardK

WillardK Second Unit

I've had two copies so far that were defective in a Sony player. The problems started happening towards the end but were not identical (picture breaks up, disc does a rewind skip). I smell a substantial recall.

8. Tim Tucker

Tim Tucker Screenwriter

I got a response from Kino concerning Scarlet Street.

So if your DVD is acting up, drop a line to Kino.