Defective Miami Vice Disc!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Keith_R, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    Hey all, I've been happily watching through my Miami Vice: Season 2 set and I've made the unpleasant discovery that disc 2,Side A has a nasty scratch on it. The disc must have come that way out of the box because I haven't touched it until today and I'm always very careful with my discs. aaaaaarrrgggggggghhhhhhh![​IMG] [​IMG]

The problem I have is that this set was a gift from a relative elsewhere in the country and I'll probably not be able to get a reciept for it. What can I do? will Universal give me a replacement set? What should I do? thanks!

2. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

I had to exchange my Set as Disc 1 Side B had problems with episode 3 and 4 playing. The new set plays fine though, no problems. My only other problem with universal dual-sided discs has been with 1 episode of a-team s2. I feel lucky i haven't had tons of probs like alot of people.

3. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    I sent an email off to Universal explaining the situation and how I won't be able to get a reciept. It will be interesting to see if they respond to me.[​IMG]

Anyone know if there is a number where I can contact Universal directly?

4. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

Most stores at this time don't require a receipt to exchange the item if you just say it was a christmas gift. I didn't have a receipt for mine and returned it just fine.

5. Dean C

Dean C Second Unit

i ended up getting rid of my season1 set when i bought the completed series, season 1 on it is single discs, they fixed the roblem

6. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

While I'm loathe to say this but have you tried signing up for a membership through Columbia House.com, ordering the Miami Vice set through them, replacing the damaged disk, then sending the set back for a refund.

Columbia House has a standing policy that if you don't like the purchase that you can send the set back within ten days for a refund. I've purchased nearly $1000 in DVD sets from them over the past few months and I can tell you that I've only done this on three sets, Universal sets, that I've tried this with.

I wouldn't recommend doing this with a lot of sets, but the damaged sets do get returned back to Universal by Columbia House. Just note on the return slip that Columbia House will send you, prepaid postage and all, that the set is defective and you can choose a replacement or a different set.