What's new

Defective H/K avr-125 receiver? (1 Viewer)

Alex Kim

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought a refurb and set up the two front speakers. The sound from the left front speaker is very distorted, cuts in and out. I first thought it was the speaker but I switched the speakers and still didn't work.

It is set on Dolby Digital. Balance, bass, treble are all set on neutral. What is going on here....Can someone explain? Thanks in advance.....

Chuck W

Auditioning
I know this may sound trivial but are you putting the + to + and - to - when wiring the speakers? Reversing the wires can cause some wierd noises.

With the wiring I use, it is very hard to tell + from - as they are identical except for a couple discrete grooves in the outside covering of the +.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
If you try Chuck's idea and it doesn't work then call up HK. They might have another idea for you, or they will just do a replacement for you. In any way just don't strain yourself over the thing.

Alex Kim

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the replys....

Yes, I forgot to mention that I did check the polarity of the wires. Still didn't work. I bought it at ecost because it was only $180 but I don't know if I should go through them or through HK directly. I don't think ecost is authorized dealer though. Any ideas? It does seem that it is broken though as I tried everything.

RichST

Grip
You may as well call them up and see what they have to say. The least they could to for you is confirm "yeah its busted." I called them the other day for some tech support (I'm new to HT) and they didn't ask me anything about where I bought the reciever from.

HK: 516-255-4545

brian.c

Auditioning
I think ecost is an HK authorized dealer.

But what does happen if you buy something from a place that's not an authorized dealer and it doesn't work? I mean, it's not warranty work since it didn't work in the first place, right? Or is the shop clean of any liability once the purchase is over with?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks