Defective FOX disc... Courage under Fire DTS

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MattB, Jan 22, 2002.

1. MattB

MattB Auditioning

I picked up this disc at K-mart this weekend for $12.94!

When I opened it up last night to watch it I was kind of surprised when I see the disc doesn't have the typical printed label on it. Actually turning it over revealed that there were absolutetly NO markings on it anywhere.

Not even on the inner "ring" that typically tells you which side this is.

The disc seems blank, my Panasonic RV-80 just says "NO PLAY" regardless of which side I try to play...

The DVD was shrinkwrapped and had all three plastic tapes still intact on the sides.

I searched through the forums to see if this had been a common occurance when this was first released, but I couldn't find anything.

Where can I reach Fox to get this disc exchanged?

A phone number would be great...

Thanks,

Matt

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Taking it back to the retailer would probably be quicker. It's obviously a defective disc, so there shouldn't be any argument. FYI, the disc should have a label on one side.

M.

3. MattB

MattB Auditioning

Michael,

I already thought of the option of taking it back to K-Mart. But it's K-Mart... I'm just expecting a lot of problems going that route. Especially since the disc doesn't have ANY labels on either side. Yeah, I'm really trying to rip them off to make $12.94.

I know the disc SHOULD have a label... all my Fox discs do.

Thanks,

Matt

4. Eric Walsh

Eric Walsh Stunt Coordinator

I don't see why you would have any trouble returning it to K mart, but if you do or decide not this page from The Digital Bits site has information about contacting FOX including a phone number. Good luck.
    Now I better pop in the version I just bought to make sure mine works, before my thirty days are up. [​IMG]
    Thanks for the heads up.

5. MattB

MattB Auditioning

Thanks Eric,

We'll see which route I decide to go.

I'd hate to have to go back to K-Mart AGAIN. Thing is I was actually in there yesterday, becaause they had charged me $24.95 for the DVD as opposed to the $12.94 that the sticker said.

Matt

6. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    You really think you will get faster service from FOX? Just go into K-mart and say it was defective! They give you a new copy, How hard can that be! K-Mart just reports it to thier supplier and gets full credit, no loss to them.

Wes

7. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor