What's new

Defective ER DVD? (1 Viewer)

Erin C

Stunt Coordinator
I believe the episode was called "Chicago Heat" on side B of the first disc,about 28 minutes or so into it the image freezes for several seconds and then jumps to the next chapter.
I tried to fast forward past this part but it would still freeze and going to the next chapter and scanning back it would freeze at a different point as well.
I examined the disc and it is in perfect condition,the player is clean as well. I'm going to exchange it asap
and see if it still happens.
Anyone else have any problems with this set??

Drew Mertz

Stunt Coordinator
I had the same thing happen to me.

Disc 1, side 2, episode 3 I believe. would not play anything from 22m - 26m. I returned mine and the replacement works fine. I recommend you do the same.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I had no problems of that nature with mine. If it's a defect, at least it isn't a universal one.

Erin C

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Drew,thats exactly where mine screws up.
Definately exchange time!:D

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
Hm. I felt relieved after not having a problem on that episode....

And then I have the same kind of freeze you experienced on the NEXT episode (Another Perfect Day), around 27-29 minutes in... freezes, tries, and skips ahead two minutes. I can rewind from the skip-ahead point and catch a minute of it, but one minute remains inaccessible.

Very annoying. Have to go over all 25-odd hours to confirm that you have them...

Erin C

Stunt Coordinator
Exchanged my set yesterday,played the episode today and it played fine,no problem-o!!!

However.....when I went to exchange it where I bought it from w/the receipt,the clerk took it and I went to find another copy,they were out.
Told the clerk,she called the department to see what to do
and they said to try back later,when they get more in.
WHAT!?!?! NO REFUND!?!?!?! What the ---- kind of service is that??? The ----ing DVD does not play!!!! It could be weeks before they got another batch in.:angry:
Of course,I kept all of this inside.;)
I collected myself,then went to another store where a friend works and he did it no questions.

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Careful though. Unless you've viewed all episodes, this glitch/defect may appear on one or more other disc sides.

My first purchase of this set had minor freezing problems on the first two discs when played with my standard player but played fine through my dvd-rom and a major pixellation/freeze problem on the third disc that neither player could get past.

One exchange later and none of my initial problems occurred save for one pixellation/freeze problem on the third disc in a completely different location that (again) neither player could get past.

At this point, I'm reluctant to exchange the set yet again in case the replacement I choose has even more problems.

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
Exchanged set. Different problem on 1b (plays a bit better on computer) and BIG, long ugly glitch on 1a (doesn't play anywhere). 2a okay so far...

Wrote Warner, but don't know how to contact them. There's a Customer Service box on their site http://www2.warnerbros.com/web/help/help_feedback.jsp
planned to send to 'home video and dvd' and 'consumer products and merchandise'
but hitting 'send' doesn't. Ran a search and came upon an address on their site
[email protected]
but it was returned with a delivery failure message. Can anyone help me out with an address for them?

-- My polite, non-profanity-laden note:

Hi. I'm sure that this has not been an infrequent complaint (I've seen problems cited several places on the internet here and there), but I have to share my major frustration with one of your products, and hope that you can accomodate me with a solution.

I'm a big fan of ER, and was very much looking forward to the dvd release of Season One (and all subsequent seasons).

I very much like the box design, menu design, the commentaries and extras offered, am pleased that the episodes are in widescreen, and the price was affordable... for awhile, my only nitpick was that I wish they were on seven discs instead of 3 and a half double-sided discs, because I always appreciate disc art.

A minor thing, I thought.

But I've come to understand that the choice of dvd-18s for this product increased the likelihood of audio/video glitches a great deal. And being able to view the episodes (in their entirety)- well, that's essential, and what I'm having a big problem with now.

I went to the store I purchased the set from and exchanged it for another one, after discovering a four minute glitch on the B-side of Disc One (I hadn't played 3b or 4 yet, when I made the decision to exchange, but didn't detect any problems on 1a, 3a, or either side of 2). My player advanced ahead through the glitch, but I was able to rewind and catch about two minutes of what was skipped... only a minute or so remained unwatchable. I contemplated for awhile whether or not ONE minute (out of the 1179 or so) was worth the trouble... but I decided that it was- that I really wanted as 'perfect' a set as possible. In hindsight, I made the wrong choice.

Because as Murphy would have it... my replacement set was far worse. Another glitch on 1b (in a different place) lasting about a minute- and it plays better-but-still-roughly on my computer than it did in the player (if it would play on anything I have, I'd live with it), but there's an unplayable six minute stretch (on either the dvd player OR the computer) on Side A. That's horrible and unacceptable.

Rather than 'play the lottery' and continue to exchange entire sets with the store until I happen upon a 'good' one, I'd like to be able to send the defective discs to you (and receive replacements, obviously), and keep the 'good' ones (I don't know yet, but I'm assuming this new box won't be ALL bad), so I don't have to scan through all 20-odd hours of content with each new exchange, and grow more and more frustrated with the glitches...

Please contact me at your earliest convenience-- or if this isn't the appropriate place within Warner Video to write, please forward to the right set of eyes.

(My name, e-mail addy, and phone #)

Additional concern- Tried numerous times to send this through the Customer Service contact on the WB site, and 'send', um, didn't (that I could tell).

--

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks