What's new

Defective DVDs...what do we do for replacement? (1 Viewer)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I've got 3 DVDs that are defective in that they pixelate and freeze/lock unless I manually press the "next chapter" button:

Swiss Family Robinson (Disney)
Mad Mad World (WB)
A Star Is Born (WB)

I don't think this is "rot" of the dual-layer discs bcs they're all relatively new and the image break-up only affects a small portion of one scene in each case.

I have a Panny RP 91 DVD player BTW.

So...disney has a 1-800 # to call so I think I'm ok there.

But when one no longer has a receipt (all froze up on the first play BTW...and have no scratches), can they get replacements directly from the Studio? Does WB have any contact info to take care of this???

thanks!

-dave

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
on-line purchases. Should I try for an in-store exchange anyway? do retailers return such items for a refund from the vendor and so compenstated?

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Online vendors often will have an online record of your purchases so you can get your order # from that, if you can recall about when you bought it. Or let them figure that out. I would email them first to see if they need a return authorization number in any event before shipping the disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks