What's new

Defective Disks, the problem and the replacement (1 Viewer)

Damien Montanile

Stunt Coordinator
Ive been getting back into organizing my DVD collection (from a long time away from it) and was noticing that through other threads there are a few (4 or 5 off of the top of my head) that are defective and need replacing..

Mainly what comes to mind are

Cleopatra

Leon

Jurassic Park

Monty Python SE

Now I know whats wrong with the above with the exception of Leon...

Would their be a way (unless there already is one here and I havent found it) to create a listing of defective disks and their problems? One that would be constantly updated (with ongoing issues of proven defects not some J6P that is having an iscolated incident with a disk)...

If one already exists could someone fill me in on a centralized location where I find such a list...

Thank you much

-Damien

David Brashear

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I need to replace some of my defective dvds too.

The Bridge on the River Kwai 2 disc Limited Edition: 30 seconds of severe pixellation during film

Leon: defective audo track

Point Break: same problem as Kwai

How can I contact Columbia and Fox about these discs

David Brashear

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I need to replace some of my defective dvds too.

The Bridge on the River Kwai 2 disc Limited Edition: 30 seconds of severe pixellation during film

Leon: defective audo track

Point Break: same problem as Kwai

How can I contact Columbia and Fox about these discs

Jeff Leeds

Stunt Coordinator
I had lots of defective ones right when I first started with DVDs and I tested them all immediately after purchase, which I always did with CDs, I guess from my history with LPs.

Anyhow, recently I had a problem with Shrek where the widescreen disk wouldn't work at all. I didn't have a receipt but had bought it at Costco, and they gave me my money back. Other vendors are not as kind, and you know I've bought lots of disk without testing them (I'm about 30 disk behind in my viewing, I buy them as I see them at COSTCO of CC and BB at low prices).

If these problems continue, the studios really need to figure out a way for us to get bad disks replaced. Has anyone tried to contact a vendor to see if they will even do it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks