Defeating Overscan on Samsung HLS 87 series

Discussion in 'Displays' started by john_FE, Aug 28, 2006.

1. john_FE

john_FE Stunt Coordinator

As some of you know, you can turn overscan off in the service menu on the Samsung 87 series DLP's. The problem is, it doesnt stick. There is a code given to ISF calibrators to get into the service menu without having to turn the set off (therefore the settings dont reset)

Someone on another board made a macro that does this, does anyone know how to do this?

2. Adam_R

Adam_R Second Unit

Turn overscan off huh? I didn't know it was just an on/off thing. My understanding is that it is somethign that needs to be adjusted set by set.

I ran a test pattern and my 87 series is under 5% overscan so I really don't care much about it.

If I can actually just hit a setting and have 100% image perfectly aligned, please gimme the code!!!

3. john_FE

john_FE Stunt Coordinator

Its in the service menu, you can turn it off but when you turn the setting off and back on the overscan setting reverts back to on. On the 88 series, its stays off. The main thing is when you go into the service menu, all your user setting go back to factory so its a macro that avoids the power cycle to get into the servie menu.