What's new

Default Home Page Problem (1 Viewer)

Moore Maxx

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

Just recently started having this problem which should be easy to solve but isn't.

When I click on internet explorer my homepage used to open up to Yahoo(my personel preference). But now for some reason it continually opens up to Microsoft Update. I've checked under internet options and it still reads Yahoo as being my default page. I've tried changing it to something else and closing out but when I return to it, it still reads Yahoo. So I close out and click on internet explorer and it opens Microsoft Update. Also when I'm on the Microsoft Update page, if I click on Home in the menu bar it switches over to Yahoo.

Very Curious and was wondering if anyone has a solution?

Thanks,

Royal

Brent Smith

Agent
Hi Royal,

Microsoft has determined that certain files need to be updated to keep your system in top form, it seems to force you going that site at least every 90 days (from my experience). Just let it run its "scan" and then choose to either install or not to install the recommended, thats the only way around this issue that I have seen.

Hope this helps?

Brent

Moore Maxx

Stunt Coordinator
Brent,

Thanks for the info. I have been letting it run its course ever since this started happening. When it finishes no critical updates are needed. I close out of the program and when I click on explorer, Update pops up again and scans for updates.

Frustrating,

Thanks again,

Royal

Brent Smith

Agent
Hi Royal,

Hmmm, I never seen it act like that before. Try if you have a anti-virus program running in the background try disabling it before you have Microsoft perform the scan.
The updates sometime have to make rather large modifications to the registry and your anti-virus program "possibly" might be reading this as a worm or other some such program and is preventing the changes, thus keeping up the always needing to the scan since it never completely made any changes. And one other question you make mention of "letting it run its course since this started happening" How long ago did it start and did you add any software before this started?

Hope I have been of help,

Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks