Def Techs or Maggie 1.6QRs

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Parker Bailey, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Parker Bailey

Parker Bailey Auditioning

I currently own the DT 2000TLs, and have been considering upgrading to something a little more musical but also good for HT. The DTs are great for HT but lack in the musical part. What do you think about the 2000s and 1.6QRs in comparison. I do know the Maggies do not have that much bass but that doesn't matter to me, I have a sub for the really deep stuff. Thank You

2. Joe Casey

Joe Casey Stunt Coordinator

Apples & oranges. Try them for yourself. Personally, I haven't owned a pair of box speakers now going on 10 years.

3. Stephen M

Stephen M Stunt Coordinator

I went from DefTech to Martin Logan two years ago and never looked back[​IMG] .

4. Robert Cowan

Robert Cowan Supporting Actor

i agree with joe. its like comparing an SUV to a sports car. each does something that the other cant.

i own 1.6qr's and probably wouldnt own another speaker out there. they arent the best for HT, but when driven with a TON of power, they can get very clost to the best. however, almost nothing touches them for music.

5. Robert Hoffman

Robert Hoffman Stunt Coordinator

Have you ever attempted to listen to extremely loud rap music on your Maggies? I assume they're coupled with a sub for the low end, but I've always wondered how they would handle rap music. Maggies are definitely something I will audition as I start to look for speakers, but I could imagine rap music not fitting the bill as people talk about how 'musical' their maggies are.

6. Alan Pummill

Alan Pummill Screenwriter

Had my 1.6's for about 3 months now....LOVE THEM!!

7. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

The maggies are a whole different ball game!

8. Parker Bailey

Parker Bailey Auditioning

Thanks for the info. I have listened to them and you are all right, they are magnificant for music and great for HT. Alan your HT looks great, I also plan on getting the CC3 center and the MMGs for surrounds.