What's new

Def Techs or Maggie 1.6QRs (1 Viewer)

Parker Bailey

Auditioning
I currently own the DT 2000TLs, and have been considering upgrading to something a little more musical but also good for HT. The DTs are great for HT but lack in the musical part. What do you think about the 2000s and 1.6QRs in comparison. I do know the Maggies do not have that much bass but that doesn't matter to me, I have a sub for the really deep stuff. Thank You

Joe Casey

Stunt Coordinator
Apples & oranges. Try them for yourself. Personally, I haven't owned a pair of box speakers now going on 10 years.

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
i agree with joe. its like comparing an SUV to a sports car. each does something that the other cant.

i own 1.6qr's and probably wouldnt own another speaker out there. they arent the best for HT, but when driven with a TON of power, they can get very clost to the best. however, almost nothing touches them for music.

Robert Hoffman

Stunt Coordinator

Have you ever attempted to listen to extremely loud rap music on your Maggies? I assume they're coupled with a sub for the low end, but I've always wondered how they would handle rap music. Maggies are definitely something I will audition as I start to look for speakers, but I could imagine rap music not fitting the bill as people talk about how 'musical' their maggies are.

Parker Bailey

Auditioning
Thanks for the info. I have listened to them and you are all right, they are magnificant for music and great for HT. Alan your HT looks great, I also plan on getting the CC3 center and the MMGs for surrounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks