What's new

Def Tech PowerMonitors (1 Viewer)

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
How come I never hear these talked about on here? I had a chance to audition them and even at volume levels where my ear was saying "turn it down", the sound was still clear and coherent, and the system didn't lose control of its BMs in the bass section even though it faithfully reproduced the loud bass in the music I was hearing. Yet you never hear about PowerMonitors on here, and I was wondering why. It sounds like these could be the ultimate WAF speaker for people who are only allowed to have bookshelf-sized fronts and out-of-sight surrounds.

Robert Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
Well, that would be up for debate, but let me say that maybe most people want to post threads about the big boys, or the ones that they are more familiar with. Let me tell you that I don't work for Definitive Technology, but I bought a PF1500 subwoofer for $699 at an authorized dealer about 5 years ago. This sub has a 15" woofer and a 250 watt amp. I only had one problem with it, and it was fixed at no cost to me. Maybe that is a plug for dealing with authorized dealers. Anyway, I just had a buddy who insanely belived in Velodyne, and just found out about a week ago that he bought the Reference Super Cube. This sub has a 1,800 watt amplifier and it is close to the size as your Power Monitor. The bottom line is this: Definitive Technology has made award-winning speakers since they hit the market almost 10 years ago; and they haven't disappointed. They will continue to make top-notch quality speakers.

Why doesn't anyone post about those particular speakers? I'm not sure, but if you visit the website, you will plainly see that no matter what speaker you look at, you will find that everyone that reviewed their speakers loved them.

Karl Englebright

Stunt Coordinator
I think the reason a lot of people in this forum don't take Def Tech speakers seriously is because of the mentality that the more marketing a company does, the worst their product is. You can't deny that DT does do a lot of marketing in magazines. As far as I am concerned their products are first rate and sound excellent. I've listened to many speakers in the last 5 years, but never had the urge to replace my BP2004's and Pro100's. Can't say the same thing about my cd and dvd players, displays or receivers. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks