What's new

def-tech or energy? (1 Viewer)

Jason Reich

Stunt Coordinator
I have demoed each set up, but the comparision was unfar. The Energy take 5.2 I demoed in a sound room. The Def-tech pro cimema 100(80's in the rear) was in a wide open showroom. Even with the set back of a poor room the def tech sounded great. I am torn, I am looking on feed back on these two setups:

Fronts: Definitive tech pro cimema 100
Center: def-tech pro ciimema 100 center
rears: def tech pro cimema 80
Sub: SVS 25-31pci
Recvr: Yamaha rx-v530
total cost $1600

setup #2

Fronts: Energy take 5.2
center: Energy take 5 center
Rears: energy take 5.2
Sub: SVS 25-31pci
recvr: Marantz sr5200
total cost 1500

My room is 11' by 17' with 8' ceilings
Thanks!

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
The Def Techs are by far better than the energy. The drivers are 2" larger. The comparisson isn't fair. The energy is a great set up but even the procinema 80 beats it. When you ask about the procinema100's there is no contest. I had the procinema100's and loved them. I would call them the best satellite speakers I have heard.
One thing though, with the promonitor100's, I would suggest the C2 center. It's a much better match because it uses the same drivers as the promonitor 100's. The procenter100 only used 4" drivers and would be better suited for promonitor80's up front.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
I have a ProCinema system myself; (4) ProMonitor 100, (1) C2 Center, (1) ProSub 100.

The C2 center really works great with the PM 100s. I think the extra cash spent would be well worth it.

-Keith

IraSWeiss

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Def Tech Pro Cinema 80 setup as well and just love it for its accuracy. Just last night I was watching Stargate SG1 and could not believe the "being their" feeling I get from these speakers in just Dolby Pro Logic. Same thing with star trek TNG and Enterprise. I feel as if I'm on the ship.

Sanjiva

Agent
Hi Keith,

I have the exact set up as yours. What receiver are you running them through (Yamaha RXV-1200 for me). Love it. C2 center is absolute must. Procenter 100 is a weak link in their system I think.

I fully agree with Jeff that it is the best sub-sat system in the market, especially for HT.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
I am driving them with a Yammy as well (RXV995).
However, I am in the process of deciding on an upgrade. I want to move to a 7.1 setup. I think I will be moving my PM100s from the L/R front to the rear and replacing them with either (2) C2 centers or (2) ProTower 400s.
Feel a little like we are starting to hijack this thread. :)
When I went to purchase my ProCinema system, my dealer suggested I listen to the C2 and strongly suggested it as an upgrade over the standard center. Glad he made the suggestion, as I mentioned before, it was well worth it.
-Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks