Def Tech Mythos ?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Kevin_Kr, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Kevin_Kr

Kevin_Kr Supporting Actor

Anyone have them and what do you think? I was looking a them and was going to purchase the large series for the fronts but am trying to save space so am purchasing mythos 2 for the fronts and surround and the mythos center, I already have a supercube 2. What do you guys think of them, currently have psb image 4t, 1b, and 2c, with a 3803. Will I be missing out as I did notice an absence of some frequencies on these smaller speakers.

2. Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow Supporting Actor

The mythos for the size are very nice. We acctually just put them out at work. They are very nice.

3. David Judah

David Judah Screenwriter

They are sharp looking speakers that have a nice sound to them, especially in the midrange. I think their weakness is not in lower frequency reproduction but in the top end presentation, but that's just my personal preference based on what I'm used to.

If you like the sound they produce then go for it.

DJ

4. Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka Supporting Actor

I have some DIY main speakers that use the same midbass, but I thought that the matching tweeter was too cheap-looking so I used the Seas H537 tweeter that is used in the BP3000TL. The H537 is much more robust, and the sound is excellent. There's a peak in the midbass response that my crossover just isn't controlling. But all the same, Parts Express factory buyouts are simply the bomb.

(Commentary: These need some more crossover work and a nicer cabinet. I am planning a rebuild with rear ports, flush-moutned drivers, rounded-over front side edges, and a wraparound oak veneer.)

5. Kevin_Kr

Kevin_Kr Supporting Actor

I noticed the missing top end on the 2's as well, the 1's had a little more but if I go that route(taking up floor space) I might as well go back to a full size speaker. Anyone else have opinions? Btw will be going with the 3805 on these.