What's new

Def Jam Vendetta (1 Viewer)

paul h

Supporting Actor
Not normally a wrestling fan but i'll admit im quite excited by this title. The movies i've seen have been pretty damn sweet and i'm hoping EA dont screw it up. Gamespot have a new movie up and their preview sounds promising.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
It AKI and thats reason enough to be excited. No wrestling game released to this day can compare to the bliss of the N64 wrestling titles (No Mercy and Wrestlemania 2000). The only thing stopping me from buying the game right now is the lack of a create-a-wrestler. That is where most of my replay value is in these games and without that feature it may be relegated to a rental.

However if the game does end up being great, I'll more than likely buy just to support an eventual sequel (and hopefully the inclusion of some form of a create-a-wrestler mode).

paul h

Supporting Actor
Looking back i did have fun with the old Fire Pro Wrestling games :D and even as far back as Championship Wrestling on the Amiga!

I havent played any of AKI's other games though..

paul h

Supporting Actor
GamingAge have got their grubby hands on the finished PS2 version...bring it on!!

"Well, they weren't kidding about the 60 fps being locked in. This game is SPEEDY."

"Is it fun? Hell yeah. Definitely greater than the sum of its parts - Def Jam Vendetta has done a great job of combining AKI's trademark wrestling gameplay with the world of hip hop and added a roughneck brawling style all of its own. The Gamecube version is nearly completed as well (it's about a week behind the PS2 version) and definitely won't disappoint Nintendo fans. I wish I was still playing right now, and that's the best praise I can offer a game."

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
wrestling game released to this day can compare to the bliss of the N64 wrestling titles
*cough* Fire Pro Wrestling D *cough* ;)

Seriously though, this does look interesting - I like that GA quote about being more than the sum of its parts. Hope there's a demo made available.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
*cough* Fire Pro Wrestling D *cough*
Oh Ive got Fire Pro D Brian. Great game. The Fire Pro series has always been a blast. I especially enjoy the GBA incarnations on long roda trips.

In the case of myself and my friends however, we spent almost 10 and a half months playing Wrestlemania 2000 and another 6 or so on No Mercy. The create-a-belt in 2000 in combination with the CAW in those game just had us by the balls for so long. I miss the grappling engine in the game and its one reason Def Jam looks really exciting. Just needs a CAW!

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
I remember getting Fire Pro import for DC (online ;)).. I thought it was such garbage. No offense, but DJV does look pretty decent, as in the MTV commercial for The Real World Red and Meth are playing some build of it and it looks very crisp..

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
The Def Jam demo on last month's OPM disc was pretty good, better than AKI's Kinnukuman effort for the Gamecube. Wasn't interested in this at first but all the good pub will get me too buy it. The lack of a Create-a-wrestler is disappointing, as well as the fact that this was supposed to be a WCW game originally. I'm an old WCW mark. I always thought a killer WCW game could have helped the promotion a lot as they went downhill.

I still think King of Colosseum is the best current wrestling game. The new Fire Pro should be coming for GC in the spring. There's always Giant Gram 2000 to fall back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks