DeepDiscountDvd- my kind of place

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by FredCampbell, Nov 5, 2001.

1. FredCampbell

FredCampbell Agent

Thought I'd add my two cents on this topic: Before today, I had enjoyed smooth service from DeepDiscountDvd. Today they outdid themeselves. Not only did they ship the new Woody Allen box set and The Sopranos 2nd Season to me free of charge, they got both to me a day before street date. I've never seen their free shipping rate work so fast. This tells me that they anticipated the slower pace USPS is taking of late and shipped both items accordingly. That's what I call service. I've been shopping for dvds online since '98. So far, this is the best site I've seen. DeepDiscountDvd will be getting my business this Christmas season, for sure.

2. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

I ordered A Christmas Carol ( 1984 ) from them using USPO and it took 6 days. They are in Ill and I am in IND.Not so fast IMO.But it was the cheapist on the net. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    yahoo.messenger: billsfan71
    MY DVD'S

3. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

I'm happy for you, Fred, but it's probably a fluke. The media mail used by Deep Discount for their free shipping is notoriously erratic; some things arrive in no time, and some things take forever. My Simpsons order took so long that Deep Discount had to resend it (which they did at no charge; excellent customer service). My Woody Allen collection was mailed about the same time as yours, and it still hasn't arrived. (Not that I'm complaining; I never use the free shipping unless it's something I'm willing to wait for.)
    M.

4. Mark_R

Mark_R Agent

Media mail by both DeepDiscountDVD and DvdEmpire both are erratic in their shipping times. But for me, its worth the difference in price. For me, media mail shipments arrive more later than sooner, but I'm not complaining considering the price. DvdEmpire has a note stating that media mail has proven to be less reliable than priority mail. Though I have not had any trouble myself with media mail, I heed the note and don't use this shipping method for large orders (the stores won't even think about taking any liability for media mail shipments).

5. Ray Turner

Ray Turner Auditioning

I've been buying from DrrpDiscountDvd for about one year and am very satisfied with mail time and customer service response on the one occasion I needed it. (Change of address after order placed) Altho they're not the cheapest on DVD Price Search, they usually are the lowest end price with their free shipping. [​IMG]