deepdiscountdvd.com is great, but where's their stock?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Micah Cohen, May 15, 2001.

1. Micah Cohen

Micah Cohen Screenwriter

Gotta hand it to deepdiscountdvd.com... I'm finding they consistently have the lowest online prices (cause, FREE SHIPPING makes the deal every time), and their service has been, in this consumer's view, impeccable.
    So, how come they don't stock some of the DVDs I really would buy from them? "Kids"? "The Cook The Thief..."? "Nosferatu:SE"? Are these DVDs generally unavailable? I'd like to at least do a price comparision with deepdiscountdvd.com in on the bidding for my business. But they're not stocking these discs.
    Is there something I don't know? (Like, is DDDVD.com is very religious organization, thus the lack of more risque, edgy films like "Kids" or "The Cook..."?)
    Feedback would be interesting.
    MC
    ------------------
    [email protected]
    "He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you.
    He really is an idiot."

2. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Supporting Actor

It's more likely that they don't there is a demand for these discs. When I first started shopping with them, the didn't stock Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels. I sent them an e-mail and a few weeks later they started stocking it.
    I highly doubt it's a religious thing. They are stocking the unrated copy of Requiem for a Dream.
    --adrian
    ------------------

3. Ben Motley

Ben Motley Supporting Actor

And the Ilsa series!! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    M. Hyde

4. Micah Cohen

Micah Cohen Screenwriter

Actually, I sent them a nice note, complementing their service and asking about these titles, and they sent a prompt note back -- reminded me of the heady days of good online service -- saying they'd look into stocking them, and that they'd email me when and if they got the titles in. I almost passed out.
    MC
    ------------------
    [email protected]
    He really is an idiot."

5. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    That is funny because I just found out about these guys the other day when looking up a title with DVD Price Search. So far so good.
    I will reserve judgement until after the titles come in. If they meet street date with my pre-orders I know where I am going to be ordering my DVDs from.
    Parker

6. Micah Cohen

Micah Cohen Screenwriter

Parker,
    I don't know how they do with pre-orders and street dates, because I never order like that, but otherwise their prices always seem great, especially when you factor in FREE shipping. I can't get enough of that. Hopefully they'll come on line with these titles soon.
    I wonder if anyone from there peeks at this forum?
    MC
    ------------------
    [email protected]
    He really is an idiot."

7. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Supporting Actor

Parker,
    If you used their free shipping, they will not meet street dates. They are usually sent out the Monday of the street date and I usually get them by the end of the week. This has more to do with the fact that they send them first class post than anything else. You just can't expect rapid service from the Post Office except when using priority.
    For me this isn't a big deal. I rarely sit down and watch a movie the day that it comes in the mail. If it takes up to a week longer, I don't really care because I end up saving a couple of dollars per DVDs.
    --adrian
    ------------------

8. Micah Cohen

Micah Cohen Screenwriter

Huh. DeepdiscountDVD.com was nice enough to send me a nifty 10% off coupon... But I'm discovering what could be a chink in their armor: lack of stock on a much larger scale than I expected or have experienced before. They seem to have the best prices, and that FREE shipping still gets me... But the four or five discs I need -- which would make the coupon really worth it -- they don't have; Paul Simon stuff, pre-order listings of "Die Hard" and "Cotton Club," as well as the above mentioned titles. I can't understand it. How am I supposed to take advantage of their great deals if they don't have what I need?
    ARG.
    Time for another nice email to their nice customer service people.
    MC
    ------------------
    [email protected]
    He really is an idiot."

9. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Supporting Actor

On the other hand, they are listing Treasure of the Sierra Madre for pre-order and no one else is!
    --adrian
    ------------------

10. DarrinH

DarrinH Second Unit

I just placed an order with them...
    GOODFELLAS 1 $18.73
    POINT BREAK 1 $16.82
    MUPPET MOVIE, THE 1 $14.27
    MUPPETS TAKE MANHATTAN 1 $14.27
    CAST AWAY 1 $21.44
    Great prices, I'll let you know how these pre-orders went.
    ------------------
    The EC
    The Entertainment Cave
    "People that talk in metaphors oughta shampoo my crotch"

11. Don Peskin

Don Peskin Stunt Coordinator

Micah, check again, they do have Die Hard. I know because I ordered it on 5/16 from them. With the 10% off coupon it should come out to 52.70.
    I also ordered The Prisoner 1-4. They list for 39.99 but I will be getting them for 17.26 each.
    PLUS
    Lawrence of Arabia - 26.87
    Seven - 20.49
    At this time when prices are going up it's nice to have a company not only have the lowest prices but giving coupons too.
    Ah, the good old days when Buy.com had all $30.00 titles for 14.99. I miss it.

12. Micah Cohen

Micah Cohen Screenwriter

Don, great prices, eh?
    But I want just the first "Die Hard: SE" movie disc. They list the whole box, I want just #1!
    I have all this week to wait before my coupon runs out.
    My fingers and toes are crossed!
    MC
    ------------------
    [email protected]
    Eliza Dushku, if you're reading this, please email me pronto.