What's new

DeepDiscountDvd, anyone use them? (1 Viewer)

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
I've ordered from them numerous times. Unfortunately, they are out of stock on two titles I pre-ordered, BLOW OUT and DRESSED TO KILL. I hope like hell they have enough copies of NEVER ENDING STORY, bcause I went ahead and bit and ordered it, rather than waiting for it to hot Circuit Shitty.
------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman

Christopher Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, question about MEDIA MAIL...
Would my mailman be the one who delievers the mail to my house...
or would a van sort of like UPS but for Media Mail come and deliever it?
------------------
"I don't want to kiss you here...I want to kiss you- there."
"You can put it anywhere"
"Kathryn, the only thing you are going to be riding is me!"

Dennis Oblow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dennis
I've ordered about 20 dvd's from them without a problem. Sometimes they arrive early sometimes as much as a week late. I have no problem recommending them to anyone

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I can have it delivered to my door without standing around in Best Buy for hours waiting for the 1 cashier to check out the 100 customers in line.
I guess if my local Best Buy were run like yours, I'd DeepDiscount it too. Whatever works.
Jon
------------------
"This one goes to eleven." (Nigel Tufnel)

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
I've gotten a total of two DVDs from DDD so far (I live in a college town, so it's best to order), and they have both come two days after street date, a week after I got the shipment e-mail, regular as clockwork. Today I got my Forrest Gump DVD and an e-mail saying The Princess Bride: SE has shipped, so I'll expect it next Thursday (I live in Washington State). On a side note, has Buy.com been having problems? I ordered Memento from them, and I'd like to get it.
-Tom

Tony Scello

Second Unit
I placed my first pre-order with them for Carrie:SE a couple of weeks ago using the free shipping. I got an email last Friday stating that it had shipped. I thought this was good news and that I would get it by street date. Wrong. One week later and still no sign of it. My patience is wearing thin. I'm use to reasonable delivery times that are not measured in weeks. It's not like I live in Europe of something. For a few extra bucks I will definately upgrade shipping or go elsewhere. I guess Media Mail is for those patient individuals who don't care much when they get there DVD's. I wish I could be one of those people but I'm not.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
If you order pre-orders and in-stock titles at the same time from DDD, and pay for shipping, do they hold the in-stock titles until all of the pre-orders come in, or do they split ship?

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I use DDD extensively and have nothing but good things to say about them. I have never understood the eagerness of people who have 100s of DVDs to get every new order instantly: come on people, I'm sure there is something left to watch. (And I actually got Diva from them before the street date, so you never know).
That said, I do buy things from J&R Musicworld if they are within $1 of the DDD price (including tax), I figure the fun of getting it instantly is worth it.
We don't have a Best Buy in Manhattan, and from what I know about them their selection is bad anyway, so they can stay away.
Ted

Ben Tallen

Agent
Ted, I don't know what Best Buy that could be, their DVD selection is usually excellent! Certainly better than "Nobody Beats the Wiz" from my experience. However, I actually find that DDDVD's prices are lower than BB's in some cases. I bought The Goonies from DDDVD after it was sold out at my local BB. The store's price was $19.99 +tax, I got it for $18.73.
B
------------------
"The Mob is run by murdering, thieving, lying, cheating psychopaths. We work for the President of the United States of America."

I ordered "Lord Peter Wimsey - The Nine Tailors" from DDD which is suppose to came out September 11. To my surprise I received this DVD yesterday.
Check some A&E prices! Some of them is close to 50%.
And Anchor Bay titles priced not bad.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
quote: Ted, I don't know what Best Buy that could be, their DVD selection is usually excellent! Certainly better than "Nobody Beats the Wiz" from my experience.[/quote]
I may be guilty of thinking of BB as simillar to Circuit City, which we do have. The Wiz has a very poor selection, certainly. However I will eat my hat if BB's selection is in the same universe as J&R (which is a NYC only store, as far as I know, and is very cheap, and has a much better selection than DDD and probably even Amazon (in stock)).
Ted
[Edited last by Ted Todorov on August 31, 2001 at 01:25 PM]

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
Anybody use DVD Empire? I'm considering placing an order later tonight. Any info about them would be helpful.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
No problem with orders from DVD Empire, Wes. They have always delivered as promised. I've rarely found them cheaper than DeepDiscountDVD though. :)
------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Roman Polanski's - The Fearless Vampire Killers?

tommy_esq

Stunt Coordinator
i'll add my support of DeepDiscount. I've used them about 4-5 times and never a problem....excellent prices and customer service.

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
I also use them also use them almost exclusivly.Shipping times are highly erratic, but this is clearly the fault of the post office. I had 2 packages sent out the same day. One arrived in 6 days the other took 14.
My only problem with them is their limited availability of titles. I wanted to order Zorro, The Gay Blade, Fallout, Flooding. They don't have any of these titles. I emailed them about getting them to no avail.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks