Deepdiscount sales

BobO'Link

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
And that will likely be the basic 15% off coupon. If so, I'll give them a pass again this year.

I don't know why I keep expecting them to return to the "glory days" when they were the absolute low price leader with really good discounts during BF and the lead up to Christmas. I used to order from them a couple of times per month. These days it's more like a couple of times per year.

Malcolm R

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, these 10-15% codes are mostly not worth it. I can come up with an amount of cash comparable to this "savings" from my couch cushions and the loose change in my car.

David Norman

Lead Actor
Premium
This is often a very good thing once real BF prices start. Many years there are some excellent prices on Warner Archives items and esp the Warner/DC TV series. Some years BBY has a better deal on the TV sets, sometimes DD.

Expires 11/30 Noon CT

Th

Mike Frezon

Thanks, David!

I don't think it's officially part of the sale, but I went looking for the new Signature Blu release of The Bells of St. Mary's and they have it for 40% off @ $23.99.

David Norman

Lead Actor
Premium
Yeah, I think that's just a normal daily sale price, but pretty good for a brand new release.
All the BD in the Flash Sale are at least 58% off, but the newest release is over a year old -- the Capra title which was a big OLIVE want

HawksFord

Stunt Coordinator
Premium
Real Name
Maurice
Thanks for sharing that Olive sale link. I picked up:
  • High Noon
  • Mr. Capra Goes to War
  • Operation Petticoat
  • The Vampire's Ghost
High Noon is a favorite which I only have on DVD, I haven't seen Operation Petticoat in a long time, and I don't think I've ever seen The Vampire's Ghost.

David Norman

Lead Actor
Premium
I had High Noon and a couple of the others already, but I was more than happy to pick up the Capra, Extremities, Belle Epoque, Vampire's Ghost, Yours Mine & Ours, Teachers, and Mermaids. I can't remember if I saw Teachers in the theater or possible HBO, but Nick Nolte and JoBeth Williams always entertain me,

I haven't seen Vampire's Ghost either, but it certainly sounds interesting and got a very nice review on blu-ray.com

Reactions: HawksFord

Mike Frezon

I just picked up Bells of St. Mary's and Operation Petticoat.

I already have that High Noon and the earlier Quiet Man. I considered Bound but decided I already have too many titles unwatched on my shelf. Same with the Capra docs.

Yeah, I think that's just a normal daily sale price, but pretty good for a brand new release.
DD's $23.99 in the face of Amazon's steady $27.99 seemed pretty good to me. :D

BobO'Link

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Of all the things they sell... I used the code to purchase a board game expansion. Got the "Ticket to Ride: France and Old West" expansion for ~$6-$12 less than anywhere else. They already had it at $30 so the code covered the extra shipping and sales tax. The expansions for that franchise almost never go on sale.

Reactions: Malcolm R

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CeAlCuadrado