What's new

DeepDiscount 20% (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
It's good on DVDs, puzzles and boardgames, but not books, video games or CDs. They say that some CDs are marked 20% off ("Megasale," IIRC), but not with a coupon.

Joey Gunz

Second Unit

Too bad. :frowning:

Well since I've been wanting to expand my "Stargate SG-1" collection, this is obviously the perfect time to do it. :)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I got an E-Mail from them announcing their 20% off Sale. Unfortunately it does not include Pre-Orders. :frowning: So much for my plans to get season 1 of Chips, Season 3 of Walker, Texas Ranger, Wait till your Father gets home or Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea S. 3 Vol. 2 using the discount.

(I'll probably buy them anyways, but I'll wait for the Sunday Flyer before I decide) :D

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
With the 10% off I get with Amazon for HD DVD titles thru the end of 2007, amazon still has the best deal going and has MUCH faster shipping. Way faster.

I appreciate the link info though and was certainly worth checking out.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott

Planet Earth was listed as OOS when I placed the order, but is listed as in stock on the confirmation e-mail.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Not too bad a way to get those seasons in.

SG-1 S9 and Atlantis S2 for $27 -- not the best deal I've gotten on season sets, but pretty decent.

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century Complete -- $15.86: This one I really like.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
this is working with some books.

it works for
The Far side Collection = under $54
The Complete Calvin and Hobbes. = under $60

better get them quick before the 20% doesnt work for these.

mraw

Auditioning
Real Name
Alan
This board os such a well of information and I am so grateful (although I just received the e-mail, I found out here first)!

So far, I have:

Cosby Show Seasons 1-4
Home Improvement Seasons 1-2
Melrose Place Season 2
Munsters - America's First Family of Fright
Coming to America (Special Edition- thanks for mentioning it, Scott!)
Trading Places (Special Edition- this is a blind buy)
The Best of Designing Women

all on my wish list (I am waiting for Tuesday for the release of the Cosby sets, Coming to America and Trading Places). I wish I'd waited a few weeks to purchase Law & Order: Trial By Jury the Complete Series, but the $20 price I bought it for was still really good. Hopefully, I can think of other sets I want before I place this order. I'll also be purchasing "What's Happening Now!!" on the 12th...

Waiting for Tuesday will also allow me to look through the Weekly Roundup for a better deal on The Cosby Show.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> With the 10% off I get with Amazon for HD DVD titles thru the end of 2007, amazon still has the best deal going

How do you get that discount, and is it only for HD, not regular titles?

Even with no discount, Amazon is cheaper on some things than DDD is with the 20% discount.

I ordered
Twilight Zone - The Complete Definitive Collection 135.90
Sex and the City Gift Collection 142.70
Police Squad! - The Complete Series 11.03

That's a pretty good deal on TZ considering there are 156 episodes. Anybody want some of the original 4 episode single disc releases?

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I had Fantastic Four: Extended Edition in my Wish List but noticed today that the release date they have is 6/19/07. Hmmm...

Has the release date been changed? DVD Empire, Amazon, and even DD's "sister" company DVD Planet all still say 6/5/07.

DD's sale price would have been $15.91 at 20% off.

I bought Everybody Loves Raymond: Season 8 and both seasons of The Closer (season 1 non-anamorphic ... bleah). I want to get Coming to America and The Fall Guy: Season 1. Not sure of Trading Places since the extras aren't attractive and the original version was anamorphic.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Help!

I was just looking to see how the discount thing worked and was putting some wish list items into my shopping cart...and accidentally placed the order! Worst yet...I never saw the place to enter the code for the sale! :angry:

I never should have even tried looking at this as I am so wiped out from a busy weekend.

Do you think I'll be able to cancel this order on Monday?

I am such an idiot. :frowning:

EDIT** I just sent customer service an e-mail asking them to cancel the order. Anyone ever had any luck with those?

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Usually they don't begin prep for shipping on Sunday at DD but I'd call asap Monday morning when they open & cancel the order (10am eastern time). A couple years ago I called on a Sunday during the sale for the hell of it & got a worker (with webtv I have to order by phone). You might try them Sunday too. You just might catch someone there. I doubt the email will stop anything. You'll have to talk with a rep themself to cancel it. I wish they were as easy to cancel as Amazon. Good luck Mike.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yeah Mike, with the pages to enter your credit card info, confirm your shipping address, then to confirm the order and "click only once" warnings it is so easy to just accidentally place an order....

:crazy:

:P

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the heads-up on the Calvin and Hobbes Collection Tony. My son has wanted this set for more than a year now. I haven't seen it for much under $100. Sub $60 on this set including shipping (it's really heavy) is a great deal. I just ordered one and the 20% codes are still working with it. Thanks again!

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John

Actually, kind of sort of, yes! I was placing an order a few weeks ago and noticed that they were out of stock as soon as I hit the submit button and immediately hit my browser's back button and it brought me back to the order page. I checked my E-mail and the order was never placed and checked my order status and it was never placed through their online records. So, I placed the order through Amazon a few minutes later. The next morning I had a confirmation E-mail from DDD stating my order was placed. I sent them an E-mail to cancel the order and then foned in a cancellation request a few minutes later (just to be on the safe side). A few hours later I received an E-mail from DDD's customer service basically telling my that my order was already cancelled and I was an idiot for contacting them in the first place (well, not the idiot part... I just added that in because this was becoming a long response and I just wanted to add more to the response by clarifying it). Anyways, assuming that I had not made the fone call... They'd probably have cancelled the order via my E-mail and it was in a timely manner.

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Well, I placed my first small order:

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl [Blu-ray Disc] Order Total: $21.46

I would have Google Checkouted that order, but they seem to have all my CC numbers on lockdown these days! Every order I place gets cancelled immediately (and I have cancelled all my previous accounts with Google). I think I outstayed my welcome with Google Checkout ordering way too many HD-DVD and Blu-ray titles through buy.com!!!

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
When you call on Monday, Mike, before trying to cancel the order give them one of the coupon codes and see if they'll take the 20% off the order over the phone. It worked for me last week with DD's sister company DVDPlanet when I placed an order online without using the $5 off $50 coupon I intended to use. They took the $5 off after the fact.

And if that doesn't work, ask them to cancel it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

All right. All right.

First off, I really was too tired to think straight. The only reason I was even up roaming around the HTF and DDD was to post up the RoundUp. I gave my daughter away at a wedding yesterday. And was physically and mentally exhausted.

Now...to address John's points: :D

I did not enter credit card info (it's on file with them). And I swear I never saw a screen to confirm the shipping address (must also be on file with them). It was like two clicks and done.

What I WAS looking for was a place to enter the discount code so I could see what the final price of the order was going to be. Frankly I was a little confused (remember my weakened condition! ;) ) from the descriptions earlier in the thread about when we would see the actual discounted price. The hazy mistake was clicking the button that said "complete the order"...but I was still hopeful to see an "enter discount code" field there.

I stand by my original statement. I'm an idiot! :laugh:

Thanks for your advice everybody. I'll call first thing Monday morning.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Yeah, you know that, we know that.
But will DeepDiscount accept the excuse?

Hey, Mike, all going well during that wedding?
Congratulations with having one worry less, in your life. ;)

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks