What's new

DeepDiscount 20% off sale Spring 2008 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Actually, all the seasons of The Shield released by Fox have been discontinued (but Sony is now releasing them) and I'm pretty sure the original version of the Val Lewton set was discontinued and replaced with a set that added a new Lewton documentary. So if you have those versions on your list at DDD, they might have run through the 'old' versions of those releases while Amazon might still have them in stock.

Of course, that doesn't explain the others.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I still can't Log on. Man, what is going on with them?

Starting to worry about my order. I placed it 11 days ago, and four of the items were in stock. I even chose expedited shipping. I haven't received 1 of my items yet. Think I will stick with Amazon from now on.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Since it is obvious the HTF01 code was used during the 20% sale at DeepDiscount I was wondering if Ron or Parker ever got any further feedback from DeepDiscount? I still think it is some kind of "face saving" way for DeepDiscount to cut back on advertisting withouth admiting their business is not doing well right now.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Guys,

Our deal with them runs out end of this month.

We are trying to talk to them. Stay tuned.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
They dropped us.

No explanation why other than the fact nobody used the code.

It's a shame. We enjoyed having them as a sponsor and certainly
wish them the best.

Thank you all for supporting them while they were here.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well...it's amazing they apparently didn't believe that the code was used.

Tough break for the HTF sponsor-wise...but whaddya gonna do? Their loss, I guess.

=====================

It's really too bad. I always thought it would be great for the HTF to have it's own code for the sale...especially since the sale is so darn popular here. And now that you went and got one...and I'm thinking it will strengthen the tie between the two operations (which could only be good for both), they drop you. Crazy.

I guess as you learn in life (and in business) there are certain things that you'll likely never understand.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Crap. Sorry I didn't think to use the code. I'm sure I was the swing choice for them.

Radioman used USATODAY? That's it! We're droppin em!

Btw, they gave me excellent service last time I ordered. Needs to be said. ;)

Danny Burk

Second Unit
I hope Ron or someone directed them to this thread, so at least they could see that there WERE many orders placed with the HTF code and that there was a problem of some kind with their system.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
As I mentioned when this thread first opened, I think DeepDiscount was just using this as an excuse to cut back on their advertising budget. Maybe they told Ron that story and hoped Ron wouldn't question their reason for dropping advertising in HTF. It will be interesting to see if their sales will suffer even more now that there is no link from here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks