Deep Space Nine Season 3 review at Trekweb

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Daniel Kikin, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

There's a very detailed review of DS9:S3 at Trekweb, definitely worth a read. It does contain spoilers for those that are first-time DS9'ers. and a slight Enterprise spoiler.

2. chrisMCG

chrisMCG Agent

Looks to be a solid set from what I've read. I've also got a review here too.

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Yup, love that DS9. I was glad to hear that we finally get some new Avery Brooks footage. Can't wait to watch the Odo profile, wish we got some gag reels, I've never found the DS9 ones anywhere ;(

4. PaulHeroy

PaulHeroy Stunt Coordinator

I recall liking season 3 of DS9 a LOT. I know many people prefer later seasons with the addition of Worf, but to me S3 was when DS9 hit its stride and really exemplified some of the elements that made it stand out, particularly on the political intrigue side with the Cardassians. I think this was when Gul Dukat and Garak were introduced, who I thought were 2 of the best recurring characters on ST. (Of course I never watched much Voyager after the first 7-8 episodes, and mostly gave up on Enterprise a few eps into this past season.)

5. Ric Easton

Ric Easton Cinematographer

6. Mark Turetsky

Mark Turetsky Supporting Actor

Well, Dukat was... Garak didn't show up until a bit later in the season in Past Prologue and didn't come back until season 2

7. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

I actually liked Season 2 better. Season 3 had the Defiant but the stories weren't as good. However I did like Seasons 4, 5 and 6, better.

Jeff

8. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

I like all the seasons-does that really surprise anyone :)

capt

9. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

I loved season 3. I just realized yesterday that his was due today and I was gonna have to drop $80 (I cant afford) to pick it up

10. John_Berger

John_Berger Cinematographer

{ rubbing hands violently together }

Must have the bicycle wheel in space, my precious! Must have!

I love that Paramount is pushing these out so quickly, unlike Fox and their M*A*S*H series. But, damn it, that doesn't give me a lot of time to accumulate funds before each season comes out! [​IMG]

I still haven't had a chance to sit down and really watch the first two seasons, but I'm definitely going to change that with season 3. This is when DS9 really starts to get good.

11. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

The best way probably to do it, and this is something I need to do as well, is save up about $40-$50 each month, then get the set at that time. Also, check out eBay or Amazon.com for lower prices on the sets.

12. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

13. Dave Molinarolo

Dave Molinarolo Stunt Coordinator

Looks like I'll be getting my set tomorrow (Wednesday) via UPS thru Amazon.com.

But I'm in the middle of a second viewing of TNG with Season 5-Disc 3. And I planned on finish watching TNG before I watched S3 of DS9.

14. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

I hope Paramount fixed the glitch in the 5.1 track during the title sequence. As far as I can tell, it only affected season 2, not season 1, but it's on every season 2 episode I've checked. (Listen as the comet passes by; it's hard to miss.) I didn't even notice it until I was nearing the end of the season, because I usually skip past the titles.

M.

15. Mark Turetsky

Mark Turetsky Supporting Actor

Well, you won't have to worry about that glitch for season 4 onward, since there's a new theme.

16. Jeff Kleist

With that annoying thrum in the background. I can't wait until Sat when mine should be here from Canada

17. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

18. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor
    It's not really a new theme - it's just a remix with a bit of a pulse added to it (or the "thrum", as Jeff put it).

As far as "Voyager", the dazzling credits sequence (including theme) was the best part of that show. After that, it was all downhill... [​IMG]

19. Jeff Kleist

I think DS9 and Voyager's themes have more magesty to them, and yes, Voyager's OP is stunning.

20. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

I think this set shipped late to the east coast, I couldnt find it yesterday[​IMG]