What's new

Deep Space Nine packaging for R2 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Found this on "another forum"; no explanation of its source. For all I know it's someone's doodlings, but I thought it looked authentic and I should share it:

Spero D

Second Unit
Looks quite nice. BTW you can only see the picture if you are signed in on that forum :frowning: I wish Paramount in the US would offer the R2 Plastic style boxsets which look great IMO.
Spero D.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Didn't realize that there would be a problem, Spero. I modified my post to link to the original art, so that it A) goes to the source, and B) uses the on-the-fly-shrink trick so that it's not wider than 400 pixels (the original pic is 800 pixels across). Should be easier to see on lower-res screens than David Allum's full-size pic post.
Thanks to both of you for the assist! :)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to see what the front of that case looks like! Also the first season of DS9 had 19 episodes (20 hours counting the 2 hour opener) so I doubt they would take up seven discs.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Looks cool!

I noticed something that it a bit odd. There is a picture of the Defiant on there. They don't have the defiant in the first season.

Still, I can't wait.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Remember, this could still be fan art. The combadge isn't right for Season 1 either, is it? I'm too distracted with a medical issue for my son to go look it up, so someone please remind me.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It's from a professional design firm. Notice the CD sized packaging, they have a box for NextGen as well. Whether or not these are proposed designs or real is another question

And yup, DS9 S1 should only be 5 discs unfortunately

Stephen Fagan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stephen Fagan
Will that one be flying off the shelves? Link Removed I assume it's not coming anytime soon, considering the amount of time Paramount is stretching the release over....and the sequels packaging looks different than the current version - is the R2 packaging not silver?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
:laugh:
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Even *I* am not *THAT* serious about Star Trek!!! :eek:

James Reader

Screenwriter
Will that one be flying off the shelves? I assume it's not coming anytime soon, considering the amount of time Paramount is stretching the release over....and the sequels packaging looks different than the current version - is the R2 packaging not silver?
Only the first movie in the set is a 2 disc 'special edition' - no doubt another box set will be released when Nemesis is launched, and another when all the films are 2 disc sets. And then another.... and another.... and another...

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Dave, using HTML shrinking technique's for images is not a good plan as it still loads the whole image up unfortunately. :frowning:
If you have MS Office then one of the tools (not always installed as standard) is MS Photo Ed which will allow you to easily resize stuff...presuming you have some webspace to stick that image, of course!!
It doesn't actually make it clear what season of DS9 this box could represent, does it? Maybe its a later one, hence the Defiant and Logo, etc...
P.S. Hope your son's okay.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My son's fine now, guys. He had an ingrown nail that was getting infected. It's been cut and drained now, and he's on antibiotics for a coupla days. Thanks for the well wishes.
As far as the resizing of the pic goes, I do it all the time. I just didn't want to host the pic this time, as I am near full for a coupla days on my personal webspace. My main concern was just getting it to fit on an HTF post without buggering up the lower-res users. Cheers for the advice, though!
PS - that shuttlecraft box looks Godawful! :thumbsdown:

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Seeing the mock up of the DS9 packing makes me think of the European packaging of TNG sets.

Do you ever think they'll ever make the plastic cases available here in the US.

You would think that with all the Trek fans they would sell a lot of the cases if they made them available as a mail order item.

I know I would buy them if they were available, would anyone else?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Patrick, it doesn't look good

The only consolation is that I've seen several UK members complaining that the hinges are flimsy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks