What's new

Deep Space 9 episodes I can't wait for on dvd...(spoilers) (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am not sure if this is the right forum. But, I was just remembering episodes I cannot wait to see. Some for the first time since they first aired.
**POSSIBLE SPOILERS**
-"Trials & Tribulations" Where the DS9 crew goes back in time to Space Station K-7 and meets with the TOS crew. In season 5 so I guess I am looking at October before we see this episode.
-I can't remember the title. But, it begins & ends with Sisko explaining how they get the Romulans to join the war.
This was a very powerful episode.
-Any of the Dominion war episodes where they show the Federation Fleet. ;)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Todd, I think you're referring to "In The Pale Moonlight", which I can't wait for either along with "Improbable Cause"-"The Die Is Cast", "Way Of The Warrior", "The Visitor", "A Call To Arms", and "What You Leave Behind". I'd name more here but the list could go up to 174 episodes. :)

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
The title of that episode is, in fact, In the Pale Moonlight. It's also on my list of 'I can't wait for...'.

The Vistor is probably the top episode on my list. Really powerful stuff. Far Beyond the Stars is next.

Really, I could list episode after episode. I can't wait for seasons 5, 6, and 7.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
It's been a while since I've seen any DS9, and I dropped off at about season 4. I do remember the show being very good though, and can't wait to have all the sets. These can't be released fast enough.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Anytime i look at a DS9 episode list i can just pick episode after episode of stuff I cant wait for. Going to be a good year for Sci-Fi on DVD

capt

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Came to DS9 during 5TH season [although, may have caught-up with reruns].
Which ep. has the best space battle scene?
What season did they change the opening?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
All of 'em. Well, maybe with a few exceptions, but I'm pretty sure the DS9 boxes will get the most workout of any of my TV series.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I believe they changed the opening to the busier station in the fourth season. The same time Worf joined the cast.

Ric

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
BTW Fye.com has Season 1 for 90.99 and they have a 20% coupon available so I got it for $76.99 Shipped.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
*spoilers notice just in case for the next 3 paragraphs*

Mmm space battle scenes. There were a lot of good ones during the Dominion War and other parts of the series that many will mention like The end of the series, the dominion taking over DS9 and so on. Those were excellent of course. But there are two that stick out in my mind and made me believe this isnt going to be like any other Trek.

1)Jem'Hadar -When the Odyssey and DS9 run-abouts go to rescue sisko,quark,jake and nog and the Jem'Hadar attack ship does a kamakaze on the Odyssey taking her down

2)Way of the Warrior-When the DS9 weapon systems went online it gave me chills :). I remember sitting there with my mouth open in awe and I looked over and my friend had the same exact look
*END SPOILER*

For those new to DS9 you are in for a real treat

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Besides "Way of the Warrior" and the Dominion War, I've also always loved the joint Romulan-Cardassian v. Jem'Hadar battle in "The Die Is Cast", even though that one was a little one-sided. :)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Best Buy has the details of the first season listed and a $99.99 price on the set. However Much I'd like to get the DS9 Scrapbook I Ordered it at Fye.com with a coupon for $72.99 plus Tax. I don't think the scrapbook is worth an extra $30. But I'd love to see it !

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Notes on "Trials and Tribble-ations" :

1. This was the official "Star Trek 30th Anniversary" celebration show.

2. This episode marks the first time that the original NCC-1701 is depicted utilizing CGI rather than a model.

3. Note that in this DSP ep a Klingon battle cruiser is seen circling the space station along with the Enterprise. In the original TOS ep "The Trouble with Tribbles", the Klingon battle cruiser is discussed and is, in fact, an integral part of the episode, but is never shown. This is due to the fact that, due to budget constraints, no Klingon ships were ever depicted in TOS until the third season!

4. The difference in the way the Klingons look in TOS versus the rest of the Star Trek universe is actually addressed (although not explained) by an (obviously embarrassed) Worf during the course of the episode!

5. As indicated in the credits at the end of the ep, William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy actually participated in some very light overdubbing of their younger counterparts' characters. (Probably the scene at the end where Kirk meets Sisko.)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Joe, Thanks for the tidbits. I never realized that Shatner & Nimoy did some dubbing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks