What's new

Deep Space 9 art: Covers now feature correct logo on front! (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
As you can see, Paramount heard our complaints about the nonsensical "other" font used on the front of the DS9 box covers, and replaced it with a nice logo instead.
At first I thought it was just with the Season 2 shot that is primarily pictured, but then I saw the "library" shot and S1 is changed as well. I rushed to send these to Gord, ultra-quick! :)
I still wish the artwork itself was different than the "blueprint" thing. I was at least hoping that it might change from season to season, but alas - like TNG - it is the same thing just with different colors and with the different season numbers. And the color pattern isn't even ROY G BIV this time! Hmmmph.
Oh, well...most of us would buy these in plastic sandwich bags... :laugh:

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well I'm Hoping Ric Easton will pick up the DS9 mantel ! Then I can toss these abominations in the closet with the TNG & TOS original cases

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Yep, a slight improvement. It is odd that they are not doing the colors in a regular rainbow type order, like with TNG. The disks themselves look pretty nice though. They are all different colors within the same set, so if I was to do my own covers, it doesn't look like I would have to stick with any particular color coding.

I have been trying to find some nice quality cast shots. Both in groups and individually. I sure wish Paramount would open up their vaults to me!

I can't wait til I can run out and get them! (Although my wallet is screaming for mercy)

Ric

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
I still think they are but ugly...I would of had something like this spread across the spines of the complete set.

or this

Dean

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
It seems like the majority of my purchases the next few months will be TV Box Sets.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
A friend and I were discussing that the DS9 boxes would be improved if they used the current design with the proper logo and the short rounded colored bar with the season number in the "airlock" font, but simply removed the "blueprint" picture thing. Leave the covers with JUST the empty starfield, a la the idea of "DEEP SPACE".

Now THAT would be a classy-looking DVD box! Simple, but effective. Sometimes less is more.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
To me dosnt matter what the box looks like. Just want the dvd's :)

capt

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Ric:

If you get anything made up just send them my way and I will make sure they are up on the site.

Parker

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I very much liked Ric's "Time Life Series" covers :)
I'm still working on some of my own, but I am waiting for the DVDs so I can use screencaps from something other than VHS

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I'm in agreement with David Lambert. Paramount's packaging would not be that bad if they would just lose the blueprint stuff. I like the fact that the set is not one of those fold out forever digipaks.
Hey Jeff,
What do you mean by Time-Life covers? That one got lost on me!
Dean,
I used that first shot in my first DS9 mock-up.

I am still playing around with different designs and it may not be too long til I start posting stuff and asking for ideas/opinions. Of course then I run into the danger of half of you liking one thing and half the other... Then I end up doing two versions... Heck maybe I'll just ask the wife!
Thanks for your continuing offer, Parker. I'll be glad to send you the finished results.
And please contact me if any of you have high (or even medium!) quality shots of the cast.
Ric

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I believe it was number two? Which means it could go on the front cover. I also have been experimenting with... gasp... noggins! More later...

Ric

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Third season - the second season ended with Sisko's first encounter with the Jem'Hadar (after the Dominion was built up in whispers all year), and the third season opened with Sisko coming back from earth with his new toy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks