What's new

International Deep Red (4K Remaster) Arrow Video. (1 Viewer)

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
Reggie W said:
I bought all of the Argento titles as well but just forgot this was coming out and was unaware that it was a limited edition. When I was reminded by this thread it was being released I went to order a copy only to discover that it is no longer available. I might consider the single disc at a discount price when that appears and I did not care about most of the bells and whistles with this set but I'm not too disappointed I missed it because the Blue Underground is a pretty nice edition of the film. I think Arrow sort of blew it by not creating enough copies of this to last at least until some time after the release date but that's basically just lost sales for them.

Deep Red is a fun film and I think there are a lot of Argento collectors out there that would have liked to have purchased this and missed it.

It seems horror films always get the best boxed sets. Do you have a copy of the Mondo Vision Possession, Bob? That is by far the most gorgeous box set I have encountered.

Possession is a fantastic film and the print is gorgeous.

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
I wonder if Robert Harris is getting a copy of Deep Red, would be nice to hear his thoughts on it?

Edit: just seen this.

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
Nobodys missed it.

This 3 disc set is a Limited Edition but a standard version is due out later from Arrow so the restoration will be available.

I'm Amazon Prime and mine is still "preparing for despatch" so that's annoying and I shall be having a word with Amazon about it.

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
turtledove said:
Nobodys missed it.

This 3 disc set is a Limited Edition but a standard version is due out later from Arrow so the restoration will be available.

I'm Amazon Prime and mine is still "preparing for despatch" so that's annoying and I shall be having a word with Amazon about it.

They missed the limited edition but as you correctly say a single disc version will be available in the future. however the limited edition is a thing of beauty.

Edit;

Woops I forgot you got me on your ignore list.

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
I really thought this set might have been more popular on here, maybe just the forum is quiet?

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
Mine finally arrived today. What an incredible value package from Arrow.

It's been a while since I last saw the film but the picture quality is very good but doesn't make me get as excited as tele1962 did.

For me I prefer the export version so I'm glad I have this as the standard version Arrow have planned later in the year will only include the long version and it's distracting switching between English and Italian

The box says Region B but with my Bluray Recorder set to Region A the discs played fine

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
Why are you not interested in screen grabs from the likes of Caps A Holic and such?

Anyway just shows how this release is soooo much better than anything that came before it, and now you have the evidence right in front of your eyes there really is no going back.

PS

I was happy with DVD's when they were first released.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Nothing wrong with DVDs. I have lots of TV shows on DVD and many of them look and sound terrific.

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
bigshot said:
Nothing wrong with DVDs. I have lots of TV shows on DVD and many of them look and sound terrific.

I don't think anyone said there was, just that in the vast majority of cases the Blu Ray will come out on top, and if correctly done (i.e. Deep Red) will be a superior version of even this format.

Did you take a look at the Caps A Holic grabs?

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
tele1962 said:
Why are you not interested in screen grabs from the likes of Caps A Holic and such?

Anyway just shows how this release is soooo much better than anything that came before it, and now you have the evidence right in front of your eyes there really is no going back.

PS

I was happy with DVD's when they were first released.

I had the original disc and was happy with it. I have the new disc and am happy with it.

How much better the new discs are over the first release is not something I care about and if I was screengrabs are not something I would accept as proof. Haven't we done this already. I have a laptop and image size is too small. If I had something like a 42" monitor I might feel they were more worthwhile

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
turtledove said:
I had the original disc and was happy with it. I have the new disc and am happy with it.

How much better the new discs are over the first release is not something I care about and if I was screengrabs are not something I would accept as proof. Haven't we done this already. I have a laptop and image size is too small. If I had something like a 42" monitor I might feel they were more worthwhile

I think I will stick to talking about this release from Arrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks