What's new

Deep Discount Spring 2009 Sale? (1 Viewer)

MattSav

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Any word on whether or not Deep Discount will be holding their semi-annual sale again? It's now June, which is the traditional month to have the sale.

I know last fall (Nov 2008), they increased their discount from 20% off to 25% off.

Anyone hear anything about this?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's only been June for 13 hours.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Following are the dates I've been able to verify for the start of the DDD Spring sale:

June 5 2008
May 31, 2007
June 8 2006
June 17, 2005
June 9, 2004

I wasn't able to find the sale thread for 2003, though it should have been started after the last great purge. Anyway, it should be in the next week or two (but could happen tomorrow).

MattSav

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Thanks for posting those previous dates, Mark.

I'm quivering with anticipation - I have so many TV on DVD sets to get...

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
There's no guarantee they'll even have a sale this time. They recently had a coupon for 10% off $40 and since they rarrely have coupons other than their biennial sales, speculation was that sale was replacing the usual 20%/25% sale.

I have a feeling many people are going to be disappointed when July 1 comes around without a DD sale.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member

Naw, DDD will just lose their business. I've got a ton of DVDs that I've been sitting on for a while now - no Must Haves or anything, just a whole bunch of "Hey, that would be cool to have if it was cheap enough" movies and TV shows. If DDD doesnt do their 20% off sale this year, those potential impulse buys will continue to sit there, untouched.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah but with the sale prices, they probably do a little better than break even on what they pay for the product so losing those sales (and the customers that only shop with them in June and November) is basically meaningless.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
The rumor I heard from a friend who works at a sister company of DD's parent is that the sale will be in July (again, he said that he just saw some internal memo on this). Plus, there's a big Buy 1 Get 1 Free Father's Day sale on Anchor Bay product going on right now -- just got the two Mario Bava box sets for $30 -- and they tend not to have any overlapping deals or bargains. I just want to be able to get that David Lynch Lime Green Box on the cheap.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
If they didn't make money on their 20% off sales, they wouldn't have them. It's not like they only put clearance items on sale. They apply the sale to everything. They make money of their sales or they wouldn't do them. They don't do them so they can break even.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard

Just bought season 1 and 2 of Silk Stalking at BOGO sale. That came to $9 per season. What a bargin.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I hope to get
Battlestar Galactica season 4.0
Nash Bridges, season 2
Hawaii Five-O season 6
Burn Notice, season 2
Reaper, season 2
Rockford Files season 6
Mr Belvedere season 1 and 2
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, season 4 vol 1
Designing Women, season 1
Walton season 9

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks