What's new

Deep Discount DVD TV Sets? (1 Viewer)

Joe:C

Second Unit
I've ordered from them and have never had a problem. I got Hercules Season 1 (an 8-disc set) for $11.99.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I've used DeepDiscount many times alternating between them and Amazon. DeepDiscount is ok. I've had to exchange a few sets due to the usual "scuffing during shipment" issue common with TV/DVD sets but that seems to be the case with any online outlet due to shipping/handling issues. DeepDiscount recently made improvements in their e-mail notification system and they're better at communicating with the customer than they were a few months ago. Recently I have been buying from Amazon more since their prices on pre-orders often are lower than DeepDiscount prices. I usually check DeepDiscount for a price comparison before I place the order with either them or Amazon. One thing that I really like about Amazon is their Return/Exchange policy is convenient with the mailing labels printout option and postage is paid by them.

Elena S

Supporting Actor
Yes, I've used them and been very satisfied. It takes a week or two for the product to arrive if you use the free shipping option, but so far for me that hasn't been a problem.

How can they sell items at such low prices? Guess!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I had purchased the 4 new Outer Limits best of's from them about a month ago. Then I read that they are releasing season sets. Luckily, I hadn't opened the discs. And even thought it was over a months since I ordered them. They still allowed me to return them and credited my credit card. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
I have ordered from them a dozen times or so, mostly all TV-DVD sets. Most of them I use the free shipping option, and still have the set within a week. I've never had any issues with damaged discs, either. I HIGHLY recommend them!

ThomasMon

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, Guess I am going to have alot of DVD's to watch to make sure they are not ruined. Is there anyway to tell?

John*D

Second Unit
My only problem with them is that they only use kraft paper in the shipment to cushion the dvds. I've had several sets that have had loose discs or smooshed packaging. I wish they would use bubble wrap, air packs, and/or what Amazon does which is Shrink wrap the order and glue it to the box so it doesn't move...

:emoji_thumbsup: Their 20% sales are to die for!

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

If you have a loose disc, look at it. If it isn't scuffed, you don't have a problem. Evidently so many anal retentives have been returning loose discs to Amazon.com that they now have a notice on all their discs saying something to the effect of "if a disc is loose please God don't assume it is broken. Find out if your disc has a problem before assuming it might. And please check your dosage with your doctor." Actually their message is a bit less lighthearted than that, but it conveys the same meaning.

As for DDD: DDD is excellent if you don't care about when your discs will arrive. Just order and know that they will arrive at a leisurely pace.

The only problem I've experienced with DDD is their search engine is rudimentary; there's no real way to browse. You pretty much need to know exactly what you want in order to find it. But that's a trivial concern, given their usually great prices.

I price compare using DVDPriceSearch.com but usually go with DDD if they're within a buck or two.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I been using DDD for about 2 and a half years now... seldomly had any problem... and when I did... they were quick to fix it!

I make monthly orders (in my case I get paid by the month so make one big order for when I get paid)... so I always order from them every month... compared to about every 2 to 3 months that I can find what I want cheaper at amazon.com.

ThomasMon

Stunt Coordinator
Do you mean 20% on top of their already low prices? How do they do that? ANd more importantly how often? LOL

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Actually, they've gotten a lot better, especially with new releases. If you pre-order from them, you will usually get an email a week before the release date saying the order has shipped. It usually arrives the day of release. I've been using DDD for years and they're very good. Their customer service is also good if you should ever have a problem.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete

And that is with the free shipping... Just like I preordered Charmed: Season 2... it shipped on Wednesday the 31st and I still got it on the day it was released... that is 7 days in the mail... with 2 days that mail didn't run (Sunday & Labor Day Monday). That is not bad at all... especially for free shipping.. and if you don't like to wait there is 3 faster shipping options at a decent price.

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator

How can Deep Discount afford to sell DVD's at these prices? Three words: VOLUME! VOLUME! VOLUME!

You'd have to be INSANE to sell DVD's at these prices! They're practically giving them away!

;) ;) ;)

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
I've had no problem with DDD. The thing I like best about them? They send your dvds through USPS. Not chasing the UPS truck and rerouting it between home and work!

GarySchrock

Second Unit

And yet oddly, I've had more problems with damaged shipments from amazon, even with their heatshrink plastic method of packaging.

Jeremy Farthing

Auditioning
DDD rocks. I buy mostly from them but sometimes amazon.

I got a few seasons of the x-files a while back for around 50 dollars each, not counting the 20% off coupon code they had going.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks