What's new

Deep Discount DVD Sale is On !!! 25 % Off Whee !! Ends Nov 23 (1 Viewer)

haroldS

Stunt Coordinator
Other then the two codes previously mentioned, are there other codes for DVDPlanet? Further, are all the codes valid at DeepDiscount also valid at DVDPlanet?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Usually there's only one DVDPlanet code, but you can use it more than once. I don't know if that's the case this time around.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Wasn't that also true of DDD for quite some time in the past, but got changed more recently? I seem to recall being able to use the same code 2 or 3x in the same sale until this past year or so.

Anyway, I placed an order w/ DDD (for the Matrix BD box set) a few days ago, and then tried adding the same coupon again to my shopping cart yesterday, and that seemed to work although I didn't actually try to checkout.

_Man_

Jeff-Wooten

Stunt Coordinator
I received a postcard in the mail yesterday from Deep Discount with the promo code DD1108. It works, but, dang! Hellboy 2 on blu was already "out of stock" at 8:00 am EST this morning.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Firefly is also out of stock but it won't take long for more to come in, so, ordered. For the still high but workable price of $43.39.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
DD has an incredible price on the Band of Brothers Blu-ray set - $54.85 before coupon ($3 less than their cost of the DVD set, probably matching Amazon's $54.95 price), which makes it a steal at just over $41 after discount. It was a no-brainer for me considering I just sold my DVD set (that I bought last year for $25) on Amazon last week for $39. :D

I got BoB Blu, Firefly Blu and a few

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Yeah, they're making me wish I hadn't preordered BoB from WHV Online or even the Godfather Trilogy from Amazon. I did resist the Matrix boxset preorder (mainly because I'm not a fan of the sequels), so there's that. :P Never seen Firefly before, so maybe I'll get that as a blind buy (unless Blockbuster sends it to me asap like they've been doing lately w/ new releases :D).

_Man_

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I was looking a Wall-E on DDD and can't figure out which set is which there. I've got the 3-disc set on pre-order at Amazon, but this sale will still be going when Wall-E is released. One is priced at $30.14 and the other at $27.83. Which is which?

Here are the links in the order mentioned above:
All Hi-Def - Wall-E [Blu-ray Disc] G (MPAA) / Buena Vista Home Entertainment / Blu-ray Disc
All Hi-Def - Wall-E [Blu-ray Disc] G (MPAA) / Buena Vista Home Entertainment / Blu-ray Disc

They both say they include the digital copy, but that's not right, is it?

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Than means the 3 disc versions costs less than the 2 disc version. That's kinda hard to understand and both say they have the digital copy.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I think I preordered the 3-disc Wall-E from Amazon w/ one of them Bill-Me-Later coupons way back when. :P

FWIW, I was gonna order Hellboy II from DDD w/ the 25% off as soon as I could since they had the better price compared to DVD Planet (even before the latter hiked it after release). But since Universal announced the soon-upcoming BD-Live event w/ director del Toro, I didn't really wanna wait for them to fill the order. Well, to my pleasant surprise, I was able to score that (plus Kung Fu Panda) today from the local street vendor for $20 sooner than expected -- they don't usually have new BD releases that quickly and tend to run out w/in an hour (or less in some cases). :P

_Man_

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

I thought i read that the 3 disc is the one with the digital copy. The extras are otherwise the same.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
FYI - I received an email on Friday that the sale has been extended through Monday 11/24. I just tried to place an order and it's telling me that SUPERSALE and DVDTALK have both expired. I'm guessing they'll probably have it fixed in the morning but this is a bit annoying.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
What were you guys seeing? Every time I've looked, DDD has had the 3-disc Wall-e priced 16 cents more than the 2-disc.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

When Johnny posted Post #28, the BD versions were priced differently. Now, as you noted, the 2-disc is $27.81 and the 3-disc is $27.97.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
yeah and i ordered the wrong one and there is no way to cancel an order.

i called and was told that i could return the wrong one after i get it and ask for replacement with the right one at that time.

one i ordrered is still backordered so who knows how long it will take, could be a month or more.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It's good to know about the lack of a cancel function. I'll keep that in mind when dealing with them.

As for back ordered items, that's happened a couple of times to me recently. Both times the BO item was shipped within a couple of days. One of them was the Harryhausen set. It just arrived today and sure does look pretty all wrapped tightly and shiny. I almost hate to open it.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

The main page of the site says to use the code "DEEP" through Monday. I wanted to get Lacuna Coil's Visual Karma, which just came out today, so it wasn't eligible for the sale until today. The order was processed with 25% off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks