Deep Discount Dvd Help!!! Or A Warning..?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DannyS, Mar 2, 2002.

1. DannyS

DannyS Second Unit

My wife ordered Armageddon criterion 2 weeks ago. They took her money 2 weeks ago and they still haven't shipped. Have we been "had"? is this company reputable? They have not responded to concerned e-mails from myself and my wife. We are not happy. For first time users of their store, this is not good.....

2. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

I ordered ID4 and Rock Criterion from them at different times and was very satisfied with the price and service, so I think this is just an isolated incident. Maybe it's on backorder?

3. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

I order from them for about 50% of my DVDs! I have never had a problem with not receiving an order. One time I accidentally ordered 2 copies of a movie and the customer servicec was great. I didn't have to pay anything to ship back the second movie. I am almost certain that they don't bill until merchandise ships. I don't know how they handle international orders. I did notice that their website states that international orders take 7-14 Days. Have you tried calling them? I normally get quick email responses.

4. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

I have used Deep Discount DVD for many online purchases without any problems. They have never charged me for an order until it has shipped. I have also successfully cancelled orders via their toll free customer support number. If you are concerned, give them a call. Their support has been very good in the past.

5. Craig Beam

Craig Beam Screenwriter

Craig Beam
    While I've never been screwed by them, I will say that their service is VERY slow. I pre-ordered Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, and it supposedly shipped on 2/21, and it still hasn't come yet. But their prices are great... if you're not in a hurry to get your stuff!

From their website: "To reach Customer Service via telephone call toll-free 800-264-5076. Monday through Friday from 7 A.M. to 9 P.M. CT and on Saturday from 9 A.M. to 5 P.M. CT."

Give 'em a call!

6. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

Hey, my Evil Dead: BOTD also shipped on 2/21. The thing, I guess, is the shipping. IT's FREE, but it's something like Bulk Mail which takes 5 - 10 business days. I'm still waiting as well.

7. Anne M

Anne M Agent

Are you sure your title isn't on backorder? I ordered a DVD from them about a week ago and they sent me an email saying that it wouldn't ship until March 8 because the title is on backorder. Is this a possibility?

8. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

It seems to come down to your location (if you use Media Mail.) I'm in PA and it sometimes takes 2 weeks for the post office to get the package to me. However, when I buy from DVD Empire and use media mail, they usually arrive within 2 to 3 days.

I don't think you have to worry about Deep Discount DVD running away with your money. Many, many people order from them and they have a pretty good reputation.

9. JonathanSimpson

JonathanSimpson Stunt Coordinator

danny, i have just ordered evil dead II limited edition tin 26/02/02 (awesome price delivered to england)and received a shipping notice on the 28/02/02 pretty impressive, i also sent multiple e-mails and received very quick response's i also called them to check it was actually the limited edition tin very helpful the chap i spoke to, if i was you i would give them a call to see whats going on with your order i am sure they will be able to sort it out. also danny how long were you quoted for shipping? on my shipping notice 10/21 business days.

jonathan

10. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I've ordered from them quite a few times in the last year...and have always been satisfied. If I needed to change anything about an order...a call to CS solved everything. A couple of times I was charged for items that never shipped, but a week or so later the credited my CC without even needing me to call.

11. DavidEC

DavidEC Stunt Coordinator

Deep Discount DVD
    >123

12. Jeff Koch

Jeff Koch Stunt Coordinator

Danny,
    I've never had problem with deepdiscountdvd, in fact I use them almost exclusively when I order online.
    One time I received a disc and the art work on the front of the box was slighty damaged. I called them and I received a replacement box in just two days with no questions asked. They didn't even ask me to return the original box. Their customer service is superb and I've never been charged for an item until it is shipped. Give them another chance. I'm sure you'll be satisfied.
    Jeff

13. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

I use them mainly for DVDs that are especially less expensive than my main sources. Can be a bit slow in shipping at times, but customer service has been excellant!