What's new

Deep Discount DVD 20% Off Sale! (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Last time, it was the Led Zeppelin How The West Was Won DVD that did that. They wouldn't believe me when I tried to explain it to them. This time, they don't carry it anymore. :angry:

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
During the previous %20 off sale, I noticed I wasn't getting either order, or shipping email confirmations. After going back and forth with DDD via email, I was finally told that I would need to opt to receive "all" emails from DDD in order to receive confirmations. I went to a page to "Opt In" and selected "yes".

Guess what? I now receive all of DDD's email advertising, but still no confirmations of any kind for my 3 new orders. Of which, 2 now indicate "complete".

C

Marc Bax

Second Unit
Well my mom just got her Little House on the Prairie sets today. I was surprised how fast they came. She ordered on Tues night (16th) got a shipping notice on Friday and they showed up this morning (sent via free shipping). Under 1 week from order to arrival, not too shabby. She's in northern WI about 10 hours from Chicago so that probably helped... Now if only MINE would show up.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I received Order #1 last Friday (free ship) and Order #2 yesterday via expedited ship. So far with just a few on backorder, only 1 floater to return out of the bunch. Not bad.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I took the plunge and order the first 3 season sets for Farscape on multiple DDD orders, and received season 1 today, and I could hear multiple floaters, so I think I'll just stick to buying the Farscape Starburst editions which hold 7-8 episodes per dual double-sided DVDs per package in order to watch the series at roughly half the price of the season sets at the 20% discount sale price from DDD. So, I'll be shipping back all three of the Farscape season sets I ordered.

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator
Funny story...

I lost my Visa debit card a few weeks before the DDD sale, so I went to my bank to get a new one. A shiny new card arrived in the mail a couple days later. I used that card to place my order at DDD during the sale. Unfortunately for me, everything I ordered was out of stock at the time, so it wasn't until about a week and a half later that the first item shipped (they ended up shipping each item separately).

Well, in the meantime, my bank realized they had screwed up the manufacturing of a lot of debit cards, and issued me a new one (with new number). By the time I got my new card and the old card got deactivated, three of the four items on my order had been charged and shipped--no problem there. But the last item didn't get charged and I got an email from DDD stating that part of my order was cancelled.

I thought I was out of luck on that deal (The Office Complete Collection for $35.xx), but I called DDD today and was able to get the CSR to resubmit the order with the sale price with no hassles at all. I upgraded to priority mail on that one so it'll be here before Christmas. Awesome. I was quite impressed with their customer service (I figured there would be no way I would get that price again).

:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

(still waiting for media mail to deliver my copy of Spirited Away; my Kurosawa box set and An Evening with Kevin Smith have already arrived).

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I think I got the last item in my order Monday. It's bad when you get so many movies in the mail they all blurr together.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
My last item (Happiness of the Katakuris) arrived a couple of days ago -- but one of the insert clips AND part of the hub had broken off, and the disc is scratched so badly that there are practically chunks taken out of it! :angry:

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
That's the only thing I hate about buying movies online. So much easier to return to B&M. If you email them (or call for speed), I think they'll send pay the postage for the return.

Last time I returned something I didn't get the email offering such until I had already shipped it back.

Michael.M.C

Stunt Coordinator

Email DDD. They will email you a return postage slip. Return it to DDD and they will send you a replacement. I have received DVD's like this from just about every online merchant. (Brick and morters have this problem as well. I shake every one before I purchase it. Until new packaging is developed it will continue)

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
I've received 4 separate shipments of DVDs/boxsets (5, 1, 3, and 2 titles respectively) and I still have 3 DVDs on backorder :laugh: I guess I'll have a Merry After New Year celebration when I finally get all of them.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

I do that as well. What's funny is every time I do it, I'm reminded of the days I did it with VHS tapes to avoid broken cassettes.

GarySchrock

Second Unit
I always get funny looks in the store when i hold a dvd box up to my ear and shake it. I've gone through too many B5 sets not to do it though.

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Lots of DVDs will spin on the hub and make a worrisome vibration when you shake the case, but when you open it you find out that the DVD is just fine. This is probably the only time that grip-of-death hubs are desirable.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I get paranoid that people will look at me funny too. I don't so much shake them as I do flip them over to listen for a DVD falling or rolling from one end of the case to the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks