What's new

Deep Discount DVD 20% Off Sale! (1 Viewer)

James D

Second Unit
I just saw a thread over at DVDTalk that DDD is having another 20% off sale. The sale runs from 11/14 through 11/20 and excludes preorders. The coupon code is NYTIMES . If history repeats itself, there will most likely be other codes so you'll be able to make multiple orders. My wallet is going to be begging for mercy.:)

Steve_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Smith
Yay!!!! I heard on the radio that WGN is a valid code, since they were doing the radio spot for it, but I have not tried it out yet (I heard part of the ad so I'm not sure if it is WGN or WGNRADIO) This is great news and I'm really glad holding off on all the big releases paid off
smile.gif

edit: I just placed the order and WGN is a valid code!!

Steven.W.T

Stunt Coordinator
Whoo hoo! I guess they decided to have it early this year! How great! Farscape DVDs here I come!

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
The reason for the early sale no doubt has to be because of huge titles coming up next week (Seinfeld/Harry Potter) and in the weeks that follow (LOTR: ROTK EE, Spiderman 2, etc.)

Haven't checked out the site yet to get my order in, but I've heard of some great bargains already, like Saved by the Bell seasons 1&2 for just over $15. Flintstones or Jetsons for $23.

Here I go now...

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
...And of course, once again, their server is giving all kinds of errors this morning. Still, the prices are worth it.

MattGentry

Second Unit
This will be a good year for me. Time to get all the Tuesday buys a little cheaper, as well as a lot of box sets that I haven't quite had the cash to buy when they came out.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
A little patience guys. Every time DDD has a sale people start bitching about the site and all sorts of other things. The sale goes on for a week. I've never had a problem getting the stuff I wanted, I just usually wait a little while. The traffic always seems to lighten up after a day or two. Besides, the site was working a little while ago. Slow, but working.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i'm pretty much caught up with everything i 'must have' (and am overloaded with things i don't need).

there are a bunch of releases i want tuesday, but the big box sets are already pre-ordered with STL (which comes out to almost the exact same price).

add to all that the fact that i recently re-joined netflix and this sale looks to be much easier on my wallet(credit card) for a change.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
the site is dreadfully slow, but John, thanks for reminding me that I don't have to absolutely order the stuff today... ;)

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor

All that "bitching" seems pretty reasonable to me. I mean, really--why was DDD surprised again by heavy site traffic during this sale? Frankly, I don't see how blaming customers for "bitching" makes DDD a better vendor. If they eliminate their embarassing security leaks and learn how to handle heavy server loads, then I'll give them all the credit they deserve.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yay! I finally completed an order! It took over 5 hours off-and-on checking the progress, with very frequent occurences of the "error" page showing up while the order was trying to be processed.

FARSCAPE: 1ST COMPLETE SEASON $ 71.99 1 $ 71.99
KEEN EDDIE THE COMPLETE SERIES $ 23.04 1 $ 23.04
BABYLON 5-THE MOVIES $ 34.55 1 $ 34.55
EAT DRINK MAN WOMAN $ 7.29 1 $ 7.29

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson

Correct. I have to wait until tomorrow to place my order for The Iron Giant: SE, which will be reduced to $11.11 as long as the current price stands.

Randi

Stunt Coordinator
I would love to at least do a search on DDD but I'm unable to do even that. I guess I will order at the end of the week. Yes, I am bitching right now.

Miss Randi

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks