1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Deep Discount 20% off ACTUAL SUMMER SALE NOW ON.

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Brian Thibodeau, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Sounds like they simply messed up when splitting some orders into in-stock and out-of-stock items. Probably due to the huge rush of orders. Looks like they're taking care of it though!

2. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

I ordered the Rock - Criterion Collection and it was open. It looked "used." I have ordered quite a bit from DDD, and I am wondering, what the dillio.

Ryan

3. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

My Dinotopia series was also open, but it looked okay.

4. CraigF

CraigF Producer

Craig
    RyanAn: You should know that very many (including the one I got from DDD not so long ago) copies of The Rock have a defective feature disc (manufacturing problem). I suspect they replaced/checked that disc, to save you having to do it yourself. Replacement was easy (in fact, BVHE just sent me a new set, opened to check the disc, no return required), but it's disappointing when watching the movie and it fails half way through.

I don't know exactly what you mean by looking used, but Criterion inserts IME often have turned up corners etc., especially if somewhat thick.

5. Dick White

Dick White Stunt Coordinator

I don't think I have ever gotten a disc from DDD with no shrink-wrap (and I've ordered hundreds). My wife ordered two seasons of Beastmaster and Season 1 had none.

6. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

I've also ordered quite a bit from them and never received anythign without shrinkwrap before now.

7. Joel Vardy

Joel Vardy Supporting Actor

I placed my order on the 17th and was sent notification of shipment on the 19th of 4 separate orders, ostensibly all were shipped together. Have received nothing now 7/5 (today may still be a holiday). My last few orders have taken as much as 2-3 weeks to arrive and this one is MIA. Anyone else having these kind of mail problems?

Joel

8. MattGentry

MattGentry Second Unit

I received a notice that three of my items had shipped out last Saturday (the 26th) and haven't received anything yet. But, today being a "holiday," I'm assuming that it will arrive tomorrow.

I'm not worried. Everything I've ever ordered has arrived within a week of shipping, so it's only a matter of time...

9. Joel Vardy

I wish that was also my experience. Unfortunately my last order did not arrive at all. I had to wait the proper 'wait period' and have it resent. Now, this order is much bigger and almost three weeks have elapsed. I know that today is considered a holiday so I hope I will see it sometime this week before I have to have the whole order resent again.

Joel

10. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

I ordered something on the 22nd, it shipped the 26th, still haven't received it.

I've never had a problem with them before. 1 time I did purchase Felicity: Season 2, and never received it, but I sent and e-mail, and they sent another one. Makes me wonder if it ever shipped at all, or was just lost in the mail or something...

11. Bob Pierce

Bob Pierce Stunt Coordinator

Joel, I received several shipping confirmations around the same time as you did, and so far, nothing has arrived yet. Now I'm sorry for the post I made earlier (either in this thread or in another forum) about how reliable DDD's arrival times were (for the last 6-9 months, my order has always arrived exactly 7 days from when I get the e-mail, always). I hope everything's OK this time.

Good luck!

- Bob

12. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor
    My orders from DDD have always ranged from a week to 10 days to get here. Hey, it's free shipping, so I don't mind waiting a little. Remember, once it's shipped, your order's in the hands of the USPS, so it's a little unfair to blame DDD for any delays. Also, we are just coming out of a holiday weekend (I didn't get any mail deliveries Sat. or yesterday), so that will slow things down a bit as well.

I've received 3 of my 4 sale orders. The last should be here today or tomorrow.

13. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm

I can't believe everyone is so impatient! If you're getting free shipping, chances are it's either parcel post or media mail, neither of which moves very fast.

I ordered on June 24th, received a shipping notice on the 26th. But the shipping notice clearly indicated an expected delivery date of July 10th-15th.

That still leaves about 10 days before I'll even think about being concerned.

I don't understand all the teeth gnashing. Check your shipping notices for delivery dates. I doubt many who ordered on this sale have yet exceeded the date range.

14. Joel Vardy

Patience is one thing but non-delivery of two orders in a row may indicate either:

1) Shipping problems at DDD
    2) Unusual mail problems with USPS

It's not about patience once you're beyond a reasonable wait time (say 15 business days). [​IMG] .

Joel

15. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

CraigF-

Thanks for explaining that! It really made a lot of sense. The coverart was a little ragged, but it is not that big of a deal, I suppose.

Ryan

16. Malcolm R

Malcolm
    I got my first box yesterday. Shipping notice on June 28, received July 6 = 9 days, 2 of which there was no mail service.

So, since the shipping note said not to expect delivery until at least July 10, they're running several days ahead of schedule, IMO. [​IMG]

17. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

My experience ...

Order # / Titles .......... Cost ........... Ordered ........ Shipped ............ REC
    1) Star Trek 5 SE ...... $10.84 ........ 6-21-04 ........ 6-29-04 ............. 7-08-04 (originally Back-Ordered)
    - Estimated Arrival date: 7/08/04 - 7/13/04

2) The Jungel Book ... $ 7.48 ........ 6-23-04 ........ 6-26-04 ............. 7-2-04 / 7-Days from Shipping
    ... Josie / Pussycats .. $ 4.79 ........ 6-23-04 ........ 6-26-04 ............. 7-2-04 / 7-Days from Shipping
    - Estimated Arrival date: 7/05/04 - 7/10/04

3) Shawdowlands ..... $ 4.79 ........ 6-25-04 ........ 6-29-04 ............. 7-6-04 / 8-Days from Shipping

4) Guarding Tess ...... $ 7.92 ........ 6-25-04 ........ 6-29-04 ............. 7-6-04 / 8-Days from Shipping
    ... I.Q. ......................... $ 7.48 ........ 6-25-04 ........ 6-29-04 ............. 7-6-04 / 8-Days from Shipping

NOTE: Orders #3 & 4 were packaged in the same BOX.

=======
    Just waiting for Order #1 - no complaints here!

Phil

EDIT: The first order arrived yesterday 7-08-04! Thank you DDD!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Is this deal still on, or is it over?

19. Malcolm R

Malcolm
    AFAIK, it ended June 25.

EDIT: Got my second order box today, still in advance of the delivery dates noted on my confirmation. All in good shape, except for a 2" cut down the spine of "My Darling Clementine". Haven't decided whether to return it or not. I can probably live with it if I put it in a new keepcase.

20. Joel Vardy

Though all 4 of my orders where placed on the 17th and 18th they were to originally ship on the 19th (actually shipped on the 21st despite the erroneous info on the web site). Non of the orders have been received to date.

Joel