What's new

Deep DEEP bass in real music. (2 Viewers)

Miles

Second Unit
I agree w/ Seth_L. The Engines of Creation SACD has some really deep syth bass to the point where I'm not sure it was mastered properly. It trips the peak light on both my recent receivers.

Later,

Miles

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Miles,

I don't have the SACD (yet?), but I have the redbook. It is insane. I've looked at with a spectrum analyzer on my PC before and looked at the waveform. The redbook doesn't clip.

I've never heard a "real" (non bass) CD anything like this.

Clouds Race Across the Sky (track 7) is probably the wildest track on it.

Seth

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Anyone heard the soundtrack to Myst III? Yes, the video game. I dunno it came with my game, (along with a bunch of other useless stuff), but the recording is well-done, and the music is pretty good too, i actually demo stuff on it because of the extreme variety of instruments and effects. Anyway, i think it's track 17, has some ridiculously low bass, even for my SVS. One can almost count the cycles. You can't really hear it all, but your head hurts afterwards... :D

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Was going through some CD's today and ran across Chris Isaak's album "Forever Blue" - "Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing" has got some bass.

Cliff Olson

Stunt Coordinator
One of my favorites is Fourplay "Between the Sheets". It's a mellow jazz album, but the bass is super deep! Truly musical, and guaranteed to workout your sub(s)!

Gabriel.H

Stunt Coordinator
Try these for some earthquake inducing deep synth bass:

KMFDM - Stray Bullet (Symbols Album)
Stabbing Westward - Falls Apart (at about 1:50 or so into the song or so/Wither Blister Burn + Peel Album)
Nine Inch Nails - Discipline (The Slip Album)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Originally Posted by Anthony Stephan /forum/thread/33056/deep-deep-bass-in-real-music#post_301023
What's "real" music?
Can you handle Handel? Or any other classical music?
Get yourself some Pipe Organ music. Bach if you can, and check out how low it can go.
Yes, if you can cap a 32' pipe, wow. I've played such organs (with 32' Contra Bourdon), and hearing -- or perhaps I should say feeling -- a 32' is astonishing. But I've never actually been in a room where there was a 64' sounding. That's (I think) 8.2 Hz.
Hey, maybe we should start a Bach thread. ;) Seriously, I love just about everything J. S. Bach wrote. I tackled the St. Anne's Fugue once, with mixed results. /img/vbsmilies/htf/smiley_wink.gif

keithling

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith Ling
You may not cosider it music, but Boom Boom Pow by the Black Eyed Peas certainly has some of the low synth bass.

OhneWorte

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert Petersen
About two minutes into Frederik Magle's symphony Cortege-Danse Macabre the really deep bass of a huge pipe organ sets in with quite an effect. Doesn't get much deeper than that in "real" music...

There's lossless and mp3 download here: http://www.magle.dk/music-forums/8847-cantabile-cortege-danse-macabre.html

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
The Goa Trance genre (not to be confused with Trance! Or with Psy-Trance! apparently!) often uses very deep bass, to evoke a lower chakra, sometimes sexual, kind of mood. Some of Juno Reactor's early ones, like "Transmissions", maybe? I'm new to non-pop-rock music so I'm sure I'm just scratching the surface.

curtledude

Auditioning
Real Name
Cordell Hudson

• Hysteria, Uprising, and Starlight by Muse.

• A Milli, and Drop the World by Lil' Wayne

• Kill You, Mockingbird, and When I'm Gone by Eminem

• Phsyco, and Ayo Technology by 50 Cent

• Here Comes the Boom by Nelly

• I Still Kill, Shut it Down, and Locked Up by Akon

• Embrace the Martian, and Pursuit of Happiness by Kid Kuddi

[SIZE= 20px]BLAST THESE SONGS WITH THE BASS BOOST ON[/SIZE]

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
If you want sustained earth rattling bass in music, look for classical organ CDs. Organs go down very low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks