What's new

Deep DEEP bass in real music. (1 Viewer)

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
Artist: Alisha's Attic

Album: The Attic Vaults Part One

Track: #12 - She's A Heroine

At the very beginning, this song hits pretty hard. On my portable Panasonic Player with JVC Headphones (Freq Resp to 8hz!!!) With the XBS Bass Boost enabled, I get distortion wuth the volume dial at 6 (Normally, I'm ok up to 8.5 on a normal song)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Madonna's Ray Of Light disc. The whole thing is nothing but crazy lows, especially the track "the power of goodbye". Track 7, at the very end of the song, has some good lows too. Wanna piss off your neighbors? This is the disc to do it with.

James_S

Second Unit
LL Cool J - "Going Back To Cali" I'll Second that..

Its rap but its got plenty of bass.

I'll add:

Alanis Morissette "Uninvited" - From City of Angels Soundtrack

Louie Bellson's 7 - "Air Bellson" from Louie Bellson's 7

Andy Hardin

Stunt Coordinator
I actually have to disagree with Going Back to Cali. As a car audio fan and having different systems in different cars for over 10 years, bass like that is very good, but not deep. I have configured systems where that sound didn't even make it past my crossover. I would guess it around 60-70 Hz.

My recommendation: Pick up the Spawn Soundtrack (kinda strange eh, a movie soundtrack). All rock/metal mixed with jungle/drum and bass/electronica. Many different types of bass, and low. You need to find something with nice, synthetic bass notes.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Check out Telarc's "Star Tracks II" disc. The first track "Planet Krypton" has Timpani that will seriously test any subwoofer.
Also check out "Mezzanine" by Massive Attack. I'm not sure if this would fall under your criteria though, it is sort of in the Ambient genre. Well worth a listen though. Just make sure everything is tightened and tied down in your listening environment. :)

Darren Davis

Stunt Coordinator
Here's one more: Aphex Twin's double CD DrukQs. Track 6 on CD1 is just a bunch of low bass pulsations.
[edit] ok, this post has me going through a whole bunch of my CDs and re-listening to stuff. Here's some more:
White Town - Your Woman
Rabbit In the Moon - Out of Body Experience (EXCELLENT song!)
Prodigy - Ruff in the Jungle Bizness (Uplifting Vibes remix
Hybrid - Beachcoma
Depeche Mode - Agent Orange
Fear Factory - Shock
I stayed out of the hip-hop for ya...but if you want any recommendations;)
[/edit]

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Just a quick update. I noticed last night that there is a new dance music magazine in the uk on the shelf - fairly sure its the new edition of Muzik, but it might have been Ministry. In any case, its got a CD full of what it calls a selection from their all-time great dance tunes poll. Its got River Of Bass by Underworld and LFO by LFO, should you wish to exercise your sub hard.

Luis A

Second Unit
Charles,
Heres a few.
The Crystal Method - Vegas and Tweekend
Daft Punk - Discovery
BT - Rare & Remixed
Alice Deejay - Who needs guitars anyway?
Missy Elliot (featuring Nelly Furtado) - Get ur freak on (remix)
Propellerheads - decksanddrumsandrockandroll

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I always heard that AC/DCs Highway to Hell has a lot of sub-30 cycle slam. One of the better rock songs for it apparently. Of course, one has to like AC/DC first. Might be worth checking into.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
If you are a Nine Inch Nails fan, chck out The Fragile and the remix disc of the Fragile, Things Falling Apart. The Fragile has many songs on it with great bass. My favorite music demo though is the remix of "Where is Everybody?" off of the remix disc. That has some smokin bass. I have to wave a towel over my SVS after I play that song. :)
-Dean-

Sheldon C

Second Unit
I agree with the Madonna sugesstion. My wife was listening to the Ray of Light cd recently on my system and I couldn't believe how much bass it put out, at least as much as Crystal Method.

If you can handle metal mixed with techno, then I've got a cd for you. Fear Factory did a disc called Remanufacture that mixes their usual unique metal sound with techno. The result is the loudest bass I have ever heard by far.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
The entire "Earthling" album is great IMHO, although it doesn't seem to be popular amongst long time Bowie devotees.
Guess I'm the exception then ;), an I've listened to Bowie since 1974 or so... You have to admire an artist who releases this kind of album when he turns 50 instead of basking in the fading light of his former glory...if you can get your hands on the single version with a number of strange remixes you are in for some serious bass.
Also Front 242 has some very low synth bass, check out Front By Front or Tyranny For You.
Basically any drum'n'bass album is bound to have some very low bass.

Greg Robertson

Stunt Coordinator
Another vote for The Fragile. That album goes lower and louder than any other non-hiphop/rap album in my collection. Tracks 8 and 10 off the first disc alone will get you kicked out of most apartment complexes. :)
The other NIN albums aren't bad either. If you don't mind rap, I'm partial to Paul's Boutique by the Beastie Boys, myself. I'd love to hear Shake your rump through an SVS!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Btw, maybe it's just my setup, but The Brazilian by Genesis doesn't have much low-end impact to me. Not to mention 'Front By Front' by Front 242, I don't really hear much low bass in that album either. Although the album 'Off' is no slouch.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Damn, this is a great candidiate thread for archival, or at least forward to the boys at SVS who maintain a small list of music and movie demo material at there website.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks