Dedicated servers for RTCW?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Leo_P, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Leo_P

Leo_P Second Unit

Last night I got to play on a server called XBLServerCom1. I'm pretty sure on the name, but in any case it was something to that effect. It reminded me of the XBLServers they used to have for Unreal Championship.
    Anyway, it was set up for 16 players but it showed up as a "yellow" server. I figured I'd give it a shot anyway. This thing was lag-free with 16 players! It was great playing with teams of 8, except my team sucked![​IMG] Then, we were playing against some "CK" clan (I didn't know Calvin Klein had a clan[​IMG] ) and those boys played cheap. So if you ever run into any "CK"'s, kick their asses for me.
    So anybody else see or play on this server? Has MS or Activision finally answered my prayers? Will clans destroy this game like they've done to UC?

2. James St

James St Supporting Actor

I think it's a website called XBLserver.com similar to OCGN. They probably bought a Live kit for hosting and named it as such.

3. James St

4. Carlos Mendoza

Carlos Mendoza Stunt Coordinator

Can someone explain what exactly a "dedicated server" is?
    I understand it is preferrable to play on one, but what is it, a PC on a commercial-grade internet connection?

5. James St

Wolfenstein allows your Xbox to act as a dedicated server. You can host a game with out actually playing in it. Players will vote to change maps, etc. They're probably running on a T1 line or SDSL.

6. BrianB

BrianB Producer

7. Leo_P

Leo_P Second Unit

The question:

8. James St

Oh, same shit different game. Gotcha. I've only played Wolfie with HTF guys so I haven't experienced any of that yet.

9. davidbotero

davidbotero Auditioning

Hi all,

I think this information can be useful for you. If you plan to get your website, here is one good free web hosting provider to choose - 000webhost.com

They provide hosting absolutely free, there is no catch. You get 1500 MB of disk space and 100 GB bandwidth. They also have cPanel control panel which is amazing and easy to use website builder. Moreover, there is no any kind of advertising on your pages.

You can register here: http://www.000webhost.com/206510.html