What's new

Dedicated line (1 Viewer)

Robert D

Grip
Hello,
Im thinking of running a 25 amp dedicated line for my set up. My question is will it enhance my audio? Will I notice more detail...? Thanks in advance.
Rob

Gregory

Grip
No matter how many amps you have available to your system it's only going to use the amount it needs. If 15 amps is enough to run all your gear, having 25 isn't going to make it sound any better.

If you want a to tweak you power I'd look into making sure it is properly grounded or add some type of AC regenerator to clean the power you do have. Some cities have cleaner power than others.

Having a dedicated circut can be useful. A dimmer switch or anything with a motor on the same circut as your equip cam introduce a hum. I would ask yourself if there something wrong with what you have now that makes you consider this upgrade? If it were me I'd use the money to buy more equipment.

Greg

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I'm going to move this thread to the "tweaks" section where they may be able to provide you with any additional info.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
That's one hell of an amp draw there! More detail...nahhhhhh, not unless you're listening more carefully, but its a good idea nonetheless to keep it away from lines where A/C's, fridges, and the like are. For those who do the work themselves, it can be expecially inexpensive.

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Robert may have meant to type "20amp circuit" as we all like to talk about here. No problem there. There are lots of threads discussing this in INTERIORS.

To approach Robert's question, such a "dedicated" circuit from the Main Service Breaker Box to the listening room, with nothing but home theater equipment running off it, doesn't sonically "improve" anything.

It will give you as good power as you're getting from the power company at your house and allow the electronic gear to perform its best according to their specs, without interference from other electrical devices, motors, fluorescents, frig etc in the house.

bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks