What's new

DECT cordless phones - any experience of? (esp. UK) (1 Viewer)

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
I recently splashed out on C&W DECT cordless phone set but was disappointed to find that the background 'hiss' louder than my old analogue cordless. I thought one of the big things about DECT was the lack of background hiss and other audible nasties.

I've since tried a more expensive Philips set (Onis 200) but got the same result (slightly nicer sound quality with the Philips but not a lot). Both phones have been tried on the two separate phone lines in my house (one upstairs, one down), both have had their base units moved around and have been kept away from electrical equipment - but still the hissssss continues.

I'm beginning to wonder if there's something unsual about the design of the house (or something in it) that is causing the problem specifically with digital cordless. The analogue cordless continues to work OK and I don't have any real problems using a mobile in the house either. Very odd.

Any ideas?

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
I had one of those Siemens sets where you plug the bases into electrical outlets, and the hiss was noticeably louder than my old cordless phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks