What's new

Decorate an SVS? (1 Viewer)

EdNichols

Second Unit
This may be a silly question to some of you, but us poor audiofiles have to blend our "toys" in with furniture to keep the spouse happy. So, have any of you decorated or disguised an SVS to make it blend in? If so what did you do?

John Doran

Screenwriter
well, i just got the B4-plus without grille-cover, since they have yet to come up with a workable solution.

anyway, i told my wife that if they didn't come up with a grille that was retro-fittable, that i'd try to jury-rig something on my own.

"why?", she says. "i like the way it looks with the woofer exposed. it looks cool".

- jd

John Doran

Screenwriter
i couldn't agree more.

i was just a little surprised to find that my wife felt the same way.

- jd

Joe Ferreira

Stunt Coordinator
No way she said "woofer". My fiancee would say "speaker-thingy" or something. Lucky man. So by her logic, two B4s would be twice as cool, time to upgrade!

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
Ed,

How about something like the stylings of our moderator, Pat Sun? Something like this would probably work on an SVS. :)

The look of an SVS doesn't bother me at all. I would think that the main problems some people would have would be that is is big and round. Hard to disguise these facts.

JKS

Joe Ferreira

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Dan, I wouldn't exactly call that hiding the sub. You can still tell there is something huge in the corner pumping out 25Hz all day with no problem! I looked at your project website. I have to say that picture of the whole room cracked me up! All the components are built above the entertainment center, and there is a huge barrier spanning the room! I think my kids will not be allowed in the living room with all of my stuff. Or the Computer/Guitar room. Maybe I won't have kids...

Seriously though, that barrier blends into the subwoofer rather well, and looks pretty secure from destructive little hands. Way to outsmart the munchkins.

jaydee

Stunt Coordinator
About children, the Devil's Advocate says...

Hmmm! New idea! Why don't you tell the child "NO"! "No touchy!" Worked for my kids.

Have several friends who don't tell there kids that, and they have problems with them. Like: Kids getting into/onto things they shouldn't. They say "no, or I'll say no again", and the child knows as a consistant pattern, the adult won't do anything.

Just a wild thought on my part.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks