What's new

Decoding Question For Anthem AVM20 Owners (1 Viewer)

Michael Langdon

Stunt Coordinator
In the manual for the Anthem AVM20 it states that the AVM20 will decode discs with the Dolby EX flag. Earlier discs without the flag would have to be played by selecting THX Surround EX manually. Does the AVM20 automatically decode DTS-ES Matrix discs or does THX Surround EX mode have to be selected manually to play these discs? Could someone try Chicken Run which I think is DTS-ES Matrix with the AVM20?

Mike

Michael Langdon

Stunt Coordinator
I guess I should state that I do not own the unit and cannot test the way the AVM20 handles DTS-ES Matrix discs. I am close to purchasing a processor and I am just curious to how ES and EX discs are handled by the different processors I am considering.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Michael, the AVM-20 cannot decode DTS-ES at all, manual or automatic. It's scheduled to be included as part of the soon to be released future upgraded chip that will also include DPL II, so for right now, there isn't an Anthem owner on the planet that can answer your question.

Michael Langdon

Stunt Coordinator
Evan,

According to the user manual section 5.8.1:

THX Surround EX is a process that decodes a rear channel from the left and right surround channels on Dolby Digital DVD's encoded with Surround EX and DTS-ES Matrix DVD's.
Do you have any DTS-ES Matrix DVD's to try out?

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks