What's new

Decisions, Somebody Help! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Wawryk

Auditioning
Hi there,

I am currently trying out an Audio Refinement Multi 5 amp and using my Onkyo Tx-ds898 as a pre-amp. The multi 5 amp made a very nice sonice improvement over the internal amps in the Onkyo.

I'm thinking of buying a Rotel RSP-1066 processor to replace the Onkyo or returning the Audio Refinement amp and get a Pioneer Elite VSX-49Txi instead and use it for everything. Maybe add a Bryston to the 49Txi in the future.

I use my system about 50/50 Music movies.

What do you guys think?

Jeff

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Jeff

Welcome to the forum.

Each amp will have its own "sonic signature". These differences though subtle, are real. You seem happy with the Audio Refinement, but it probably wouldn't have the reserve power of the Parasound or Rotel. If reserve power plays a big part in your decision that might narrow your choice down to 2. There are rave reviews of both the Parasound and the Rotel.

Which "sonic signature" would be most important to you I don't think anyone else can judge for you.

Artie

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
That would be a tough decision Jeff.

I have listened to the Rotel. But, I can tell you I don't think it was hooked up right 'cause the sound thru some Paradigms was not great. I think alot of people like it here on this forum.

I also beleive the 49 is a great piece. Probably can't go wrong.

Mike

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The 49 is a MONSTER, and it sounds wonderful. Serious amps, yet still probably not as good as a stand alone amp and a processor. That IS a tough choice, but you don't say what speakers you are driving in what configuration. That could be a large factor.

Jeff Wawryk

Auditioning
Well thanks for the welcome.

Speakers are B&W CDM9NT for fronts and CDMCNT for center.
Boston VR-MX for Rears.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks