What's new

Decisions, desicsion - HTiB vs Components... (1 Viewer)

Vic_P

Agent
************ I posted this in the speaker area, but this is porbably the better place for it. Sorry for the double post.*******************

Ok, I need some help.

I have a small room that I am setting up a home theater in. The room is about 13 X 16. We just purchased a 42" widescreen Toshiba HDTV. Now I need speakers.

I have been leaning towards a component system rather than a HTiB, but I'd like your opinions.

I'm considering either a nice HTiB in the $400-$500 range. I have picked a brand yet, but I want one w/o a DVD player.

OR

I'm considering the Polk RM6000 or RM6005 with an HK AVR-125.

Which route would you go and why?

Thanks in advance!

AaronJB

Second Unit
I generally dislike all of the low-mid range HTIBs that I've auditioned, but the Onkyo HT-650 was a fine system *until* there is now some discussion of a possible flaw with the reciever included and its subwoofer output.

I was thinking about the Onkyo HTIB, but am very pleased that I went with separate components instead, because the reciever that I picked has 6.1. (the Panasonic SAHE100).

In your situation, I'd go with the Polk and the H/K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks