Decisions Decisions

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by TimZ, Apr 19, 2004.

1. TimZ

TimZ Agent

Decisions that i need help with. I am just going nuts looking at all these receivers and going to stores to listen to them. The salesmen at tweeter are getting annoyed everytime they see me :b .

Yamaha RX-V1400
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53TX

( or something else you guys can suggest for a $700 cap that i have)[​IMG]

i want something that has component video Upconversion ( not a must but that night help since my tv doesn't have S-Video.)
    6.1 or 7.1 channels.I used to have a Pioneer 811S and it was just fine for what i did but i gave it to my dad and bought him a radio antenna so he could get decent radio siganls in his studio.
    THX certification doesn't mean much to me.
    ANd i really want one with an auto setup.

P.S. does the PE 53 TX do component upconversion I haven't been able to find anything about it.

and in everyones opinion which has a more crisp clean sound? A lot of people in here say that Pioneers have to warm of a sound.

So i hope you guys can help.

Tim Z

Just want some advice as to which route i should take.

2. BrianAe

BrianAe Second Unit

My experience has been that the sales men at Tweeter get annoyed if they have to move their eye balls or, god forbid, have to speak to a customer.

Don't worry about it [​IMG]

3. TimZ

TimZ Agent

hehe, Yea i understand that but its the only dececnt theater place around here.

I just need some help since i am being pulled in 2 directions at once and can't finally make up my mind.

I want the one with the cleanest sound. And from what i read lots of people love both the 1400 and the 53tx.

4. TimZ

TimZ Agent

Heh don't worry about this thread. i decided on the Yamaha v1400 but no place that i have called ( tried 4 places ) that had decent prices on them noone , not even on ebay are instock and everyone says they are a month backorder.[​IMG]