Decision Time: Mitsubishi WS-55813 or 65813 (What would you get?)

Discussion in 'Displays' started by StevenF, Dec 18, 2003.

1. StevenF

StevenF Stunt Coordinator

OK. Here is the situation.

1. This TV is for our livingroom.
    2. My wife and I sit 10 to 12 feet from eyes to screen.
    3. She got a great Christmas Bonus, so money isn't so much a concern.
    4. We can't decide on which of the 2 Mitsubishi set to get.

We can go with the 65" Mitsubishi WS-65813 or the 55" WS-55813. You have to take into consideration that we are 10 - 12 feet away from the screen (Don't want to be overwhelmed, but not too small either). We watch alot or Widescreen DVD movies (HUGE collection). My wife watches mostly SD TV (Friends, Frasier, Smallville and so forth).

We had a 50" Mitsubishi VS-50803 4x3 TV that went BAD. After we got used to it... it seemed small.

Which way would you go?

(Note: I have been told that the 65" WS-65813 is awesome because of the larger 9" CRTS... as opposed to the 7" CRTS in the WS-55813)

2. Ronnie Highnote

Ronnie Highnote Auditioning

Ironically enough I was just looking at the 65" today. I had been heartset on getting the WS73713 with the 9" guns, but the 65 with those 9" crts is tough to beat. It probably changed my opinion on getting the bigger model. I was sitting about 8 feet from the 65" screen today and the HD picture was flawless. My dad even commented that he didn't even need his glasses to see it because it was so sharp. He has a plasma at home so he knows sharp pictures. Any way for what my two cents is worth I'd highly recommend the 65. From 8 feet it was a cinematic picture and I think the 55 will come up a bit short.

3. TommyL

TommyL Supporting Actor

12'...I'd look into a short throw FP like the sanyo Z2, cheaper (2k or under) and bigger picture with better quality...my 55" mitsu is no comparison for my if7200 projector...none..nada...plus I can sit on the side and watch movies...[​IMG]