Decided on M&K

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Chris Tabor, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Chris Tabor

Chris Tabor Stunt Coordinator

I'm going to be receiving the mk s150thx and the mx350 sub sometime next week. I'll be powering them with the b&k 200.7 and using a yamaha rx1400 for the pre amp. I'll let you know what I think when its all set up. I had originally planned on spending alot more than this but really didn't find anything that stood out to me. My main goal is home theater anyway so it sounds like these should fit my needs.

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

M&K is a fine choice. I just setup a "cheepie" system with 5 M&K K5 speakers and a Home Theater Direct Level 3 sub. The system sounds great. The cost was about $450 and comes a lot closer to my main system (DefTech 2000tl + SVS) than you would expect for the 10x price difference.

3. Chris Tabor

It'll take me a bit to get all my speakers but i'm hoping this system will amaze me when all said and done. The only thing I didn't like so far was buying the adjustable stands from m&k.[​IMG] $600 just for stands.

4. Will B

Will B Auditioning

The stands are well worth it though. They make it really easy to set the speakers up to get the best out of them, especially if you use a laser pointer to align them with your listening position. [​IMG]

5. Trevin Chow

Trevin Chow Stunt Coordinator

Great choice on M&K. I just decided myself on a set of K7 for the fronts with K4 tripoles for the rears. This combined with an SVS 25-31Pci, i'm hoping my HT will be killer.

This is my first HT setup, so I'm anxiously awaiting all my pieces to get delivered!

6. JoshuaT

JoshuaT Stunt Coordinator

You'll love your M&K's... I know I do!

~josh

7. Chris Tabor

I hope so, normally i've always auditioned speakers before buying but the research I did and there home theater capabilities really turned me towards them.